Innovations in Supporting International Students Symposium
November 6, 2014, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Shippensburg University Conference Center, Shippensburg PA
This one day symposium was designed to showcase innovative models and practices that support the varied needs of international students studying in the United States. It included concurrent presentations, roundtable discussions, and networking opportunities
designed to foster a sharing of ideas, approaches, and breakthrough practices across institutions.
Attendees benefited from being able to 1) explore and gain new strategies, 2) build a regional network of colleagues, and 3) build their professional portfolio, through presentations and a post-symposium online compendium.
Participants: 30 individuals from 16 different colleges and universities across PA, MD, and WV.
Program and Presentations
View 2014 Innovations in Supporting International Students Symposium Program
The following presentation materials and papers were submitted by presenters for posting on this website:
- Mary Burnett, Associate Dean of Students and Director of International Programs
- CJ Ezell, WEDnetPA Partner, Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education
- Jeremy Goshorn, Interim Assistant Dean of Graduate Studies
- Jose Ricardo-Osorio, Associate Professor, Modern Languages
- Christina Sax, Associate Provost and Dean of Academic Outreach and Innovation
- William Sommers, Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Sarah Stokely, Dean of Academic Engagement and Student Support
For additional information about this event, contact CJ Ezell (
email@example.com or 717-477-1123 extension 3381) in Shippensburg University's Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education.