Shippensburg University Community Orchestra
Community Orchestra Rehearsals: Thursdays, 7:00-9:15 p.m (see rehearsals page)
The community orchestra comprises approximately sixty-five university students, faculty, and staff members, community members, advanced high school students, and professional musicians. It features carefully selected professional string players who mentor and instruct others within their sections. This stimulating learning and performing environment enables the orchestra to play challenging works.
Each semester’s schedule includes weekly two-hour rehearsals that culminate in a full-length concert of symphonic masterpieces.
- Admittance to the orchestra is through open auditions held at the beginning of each semester.
- Returning students register at their designated time in the spring semester
- Incoming Freshman/Transfers: Register during summer orientation
- Students required to audition, will register for the orchestra at their designated time (spring or summer).
- If the student has registered, and is accepted into the orchestra, they will not need to do anything further.
- If the student has registered, and is NOT accepted into the orchestra, it is the student’s responsibility to DROP the course from their schedule by the drop date determined by the registrar’s office.
Dr. Mark Hartman