SHIPREC RECREATION CENTER
ShipRec provides the following amenities to the University Community:
Members in violation of access or building policies risk loss of membership privileges without refund.
- Tank tops/sleeveless shirts, jeans, pants or shorts with rivets or zippers, and belts are not permitted.
- Gym bags backpacks, and purses are not allowed in workout areas. Bags must be stored in cubbies, day lockers (require a quarter) or in a locker room
- locker (bring your own lock).
- Individuals are required to wear athletic shoes. No open-toe or non-athletic shoes are permitted.
- No glass bottles or open containers are permitted. Only plastic bottles and closed containers are allowed.
RAQUETBALL/SQUASH COURT RESERVATIONS:
- Track is for exclusive use of walkers and runners.
- Be alert for runners as you enter the track surface.
- Store personal items in secure storage.
- Non-marking, spike-free shoes are required.
- Inside lane is a walking lane - 8.5 laps/mile.
- Outside lane is a running lane - 8 laps/mile.
- Please honor any posted directional signs.
- Reservations must be done in person at the ShipRec entry desk.
- Players are limited to ONE participation period on the courts per day. Players are not permitted to sign-up for multiple slots.
- Reservations may be made 1 day ahead of time. Weekend reservations may be made on Friday.
- A reservation is released if the player(s) do not arrive within 5 minutes of the scheduled reservation time.
- Non-marking shoes are required, and shoes not work outside are preferred.
GROUP FITNESS ROOM:
- ShipRec members are eligible to check-out equipment at the entrance desk at no charge. Guests are not permitted to check-out equipment.
- All equipment check-out requires the presentation of a valid SU ID or membership card. The ID or membership card will remain at the entrance desk for the duration of check-out.
- Any equipment reported as lost or damaged will be subject to a replacement fee.
Grand Opening - March 2008
Members of the campus community and the public were invited to attend a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 11:30 a.m. March 17 to officially open the new student recreation building. The program included the ribbon-cutting, brief remarks and self-guided tours. The facility, between Seth Grove Stadium and Heiges Field House, was requested by students and later approved by them in a referendum. The approximately 62,000-square-foot facility includes an 8,000-square-foot fitness center, four multipurpose courts for volleyball and basketball, an 1,800-square-foot aerobics room, an elevated running track, racquetball courts, locker rooms and administrative offices.