Confirm Your Acceptance to Ship
STEP 1: Log In To Your Application Portal
- Go to your Application Portal (we recommend using Firefox or Internet Explorer browsers)
- Enter the Login ID you created when you started your application OR use your SU ID (the “6000” number found in your acceptance letters) as your Login ID.
- Enter the PIN you created when you started your application OR use your date of birth (MMDDYY) for the PIN.
- Click the “Login” button.
- BE SURE TO DISABLE all pop-up blockers in order to process a credit card payment in step #3.
- Click the Semester Year text link (i.e. “Fall 2018”) listed under “Processed Applications” and “Admission Term.”
STEP 2: Activate Your Ship E-mail and Review Your Financial Aid
- In the table on the right side of the screen, find the “Activate your Ship E-mail address” section.
- Copy your “Domain User Name” listed to the right. Then select the “Click Here” link.
- A new window will open and ask for your Domain User Name and then prompt you to set a password for your Ship e-mail account.
- Once your email account is activated, login to your MyShip Portal and then follow these instructions on “How to View Your Aid Award.”
STEP 3: Confirm Your Acceptance
- Once you’ve reviewed your financial aid, return our Application Portal (using your SU ID (“6000” number) for your Login ID and your date of birth (MMDDYY) for the PIN)
- Click the “Login” button.
- Select the Semester Year text link (i.e. “Fall 2018”) listed under Processed Applications and Admission Term
- At the next screen, click on the blue “Confirm Your Acceptance to Ship” button at the bottom left of the page.
- A new window will open that will prompt you to pay the $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted, but a 2.5% convenience fee will be charged.
- There is no fee for payment by e-check.
STEP 4: Select Your Housing Option
- Click on “Select Housing Options” which will open a new window.
- At the top, select "Housing Agreement."
- From the drop-down menu, choose "Agreement" if you would like to live on campus or choose "Exemption" if you will NOT be living on campus.
- Once you select the agreement or the exemption, follow the prompt screens. Those choosing the Housing Agreement will be prompted to pay the $200 non-refundable housing deposit and to select suite type and residence hall preferences
Please Note: All entering first-year and transfer students with fewer than 30 undergraduate-level transferable credits are required to reside in university housing. (You may be exempt from this requirement if you live full-time with your parents or legal guardians within 35 miles of campus, are 21 years of age or older, or are legally married.)
STEP 5: Register for Orientation
- Click the link in the admissions portal next to "Register for Orientation" or click here.
Welcome to Ship!
Confirmed Student Checklist
You’ve confirmed that you’re Ship Bound and now we just need a few more items to get you completely onboard:
- Medical Form: Submit your medical forms to receive services at our on-campus health center.
- Final Transcript: Request to have your final transcript sent (including the date of your graduation) to our Office of Admissions.
- Placement Testing: Schedule any required exams with our Placement Testing Office.
- Meal Plan: Review your meal plan options.
- Accommodation Request: If applicable, download, complete, and return an Accommodation Request Form.
- Emergency Alerts: Register for texts or e-mails from Ship's emergency alert system.
- Payment Plan: Consider starting a Prepayment Plan to begin making payments now for the upcoming semester.
- Semester Bill: Look for your semester bill notification in your Shippensburg University e-mail in order to pay for it. (You will NOT receive a paper bill.) Contact the Student Accounts Office with any questions.