Goals and Objectives
- The basic goal of the SUSSC is the improvement of instruction. Efforts to achieve this goal have been directed toward the following activities:
- Recognition of outstanding instruction by honoring outstanding teachers as selected from and by the membership.
- Recognition of outstanding curriculum innovation by honoring exemplary programs.
- Providing all member organizations opportunities to send representatives to workshops that reflect membership instructional interests and needs. These workshops are selected by the membership of the Council.
- Development of a positive working environment between Shippensburg University and member districts.
Number shows relationships to goals:
- To present an opportunity to each of the member organizations to honor outstanding teachers.
- To offer opportunities to secure from presenters of exemplary programs content information which may enhance the educational programs of the other districts.
- To provide opportunities to focus upon educational needs of members through activities established wherein exemplary programs, workshops, and symposiums are presented.
- To present member institutions with opportunities to send two (2) or more representatives at no cost to each of the SUSSC-sponsored events.
- To establish a functional, on-going relationship between Shippensburg University and the membership of the Shippensburg University School Study Council.
- To provide an avenue through which the resources of the Shippensburg University faculty are made available.