Jobs and Internship Information
Below are some jobs and internships that may be of interest to students with the Technical/Professional Communications Minor.
I have been directly contacted by internship
coordinators out in the field about the following internships. In other words,
these are positions waiting to be filled!
Shippensburg University Marketing and
Intern, Gettysburg , PA
US Army Heritage &
Education Center Writer/Editor Intern, Carlisle, PA
ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY (11/6/15)
Social Media Engagement/Copy Writing Intern with Rug Knots (Hagerstown, MD)
- Write blog posts
- Update social media accounts
- Internship is a paid position
- Hours can be discussed
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible!
Many others are out there! The following positions can be found on SHIP Career Connection. Scroll to the bottom of the page to learn how to find out more information.
Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED) - Harrisburg, PA:
York Heritage and Trust - York, PA
Library and Archives Intern
Speak My Word Ministries - Hershey, PA
Social Media Intern
La Torre Communications - Harrisburg, PA
PA Homecare Association - Lemoyne, PA
MenuDrive - Carlisle, PA
Computer Science Intern
Graphic Design Intern
Human Resources Intern
WPMT Fox 43 - York, PA
Part Time Editor
Visit Bucks County - Bensalem, PA
Marketing and Events Intern
Progressive Business Publications - Malvern, PA
view more details about the positions, and to find others, log in to
your SHIP Career Connection account following the steps below:
- Go to www.ship.edu/career
- Click on:
Students: "Current Students" (you'll log in through your SHIP portal)
- Click on the
"Jobs" tab to view positions and search for the opportunity
As always, contact the director of the Minor, Dr. Carla Kungl, or the Career Center, if you have any questions!
Spring 2016 EAPSU Undergraduate Conference:
Against the Current
Calling anyone who feels like making some noise! This year the EAPSU Undergraduate Conference is looking for writers, poets, ANYONE who likes to challenge the status quo...beg for more answers...and go against the current. Please click this link for more information: http://www.mansfield.edu/english/upload/EAPSU16-Flyer.pdf
If you are interested in presenting or just going to the conference please email Dr. Kungl (email@example.com) or Alexandra Jones, her assistant, (firstname.lastname@example.org). This conference is a wonderful opportunity to network, put your work out there, and just have fun! This conference can teach you so much no matter what major or minor you have.
- Submission deadline for proposals is February 19, 2016.
- The actual conference is being held in the Alumni Hall at Mansfield University on April 1, 2016 from 8:30am until 4:30pm.
- If you arrive on March 31, 2016 there will be an open-mic night open to all faculty and undergraduate conference participants hosted by the EAPSU keynote speaker Cameron Conaway (http://cameronconaway.com/). Conaway is a true example of what it means to go against the current. The open-mic night will be from 7pm until 9pm in The Hut (located on Mansfield campus).
- There is preference for SU students who are accepted to present at the conference to be funded by the Technical/Professional Communications (T/PC) department. If you are funded by the T/PC department that means your $25.00 registration fee is covered and overnight accommodations.* However, this all still applies for students who just simply want to go but not present -- as stated ealier preference is for you to present!
Please keep checking in here for updates about the conference.
*Room accommodations can only be made if a certain amount of students go on the trip.