Print from your device using MobilePrint
You can now print to any lab or public printer on campus from any laptop, tablet or smartphone with e-mail access!
IMPORTANT: In order to use MobilePrint, you must have an active print quota. If you have never printed on campus before, you must first walk to a print release station in a computer lab or the library and swipe your Ship ID card to activate your print quota.
Register your e-mail address
NOTE: You only have to register each e-mail address one time.
- From your device, send a blank e-mail to email@example.com. You'll receive an instant reply asking you to register your e-mail address.
NOTE: The message can be sent from your @ship.edu e-mail address, or your personal address (including @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, or any others).
- Click on the link in the message to be taken to the Print Center portal, and sign in with your Ship username and password to register your e-mail address.
Send your files
- After your e-mail address is registered, attach the file(s) you wish to print to an e-mail, and send it to:
You can also forward messages that you've received that have the attachments you want to print. MobilePrint will even allow you to print the body of the e-mail message if you like.
- Within a few minutes, you'll receive a reply notifying you that your documents are ready to print. If any documents could not be processed successfully, the message will also list those (see "Accepted document types" below for more details).
- Walk to any print release station in a computer lab or the library. Swipe your Ship ID card, select the jobs you want to release, and click on Print.
Customizing your print jobs
You can also use the Print Center portal to upload and release your print job. Print Center gives you the added ability to preview your print jobs, choose to print double-sided (duplex), print multiple pages per side, and more.
To use Print Center:
- Go to
https://print.ship.edu. Log on with your Ship username and password.
- Any documents already e-mailed to MobilePrint will appear. To upload additional documents, click on the Upload button. You can also delete documents by choosing them from the list and clicking on the Delete button.
- Select the printer you intend to print to from the Destination drop-down list.
- To change the way a document prints, select one or more documents using the checkboxes at the left. Then, use the options at the bottom to set print preferences for the selected documents.
|Sets the selected print job(s) to print in color.
NOTE: Only available when a color printer is selected.
|Prints the selected job(s) double-sided/duplex.
NOTE: Only available when a duplex printer is selected.
Pages per side
|Allows printing of up to 2 pages per side, allowing you to save paper and your print quota. |
|Allows you to select the number of copies of the document you would like to print. |
- To print your document(s), select the ones you want to print from the list. Verify that the correct printer is selected, and click on Print.
NOTE: When you release print jobs from Print Center, they are sent directly to the printer. This action will automatically charge your print quota the indicated amount, and will bypass the requirement of swiping your Ship ID card at a release station.
Accepted document types
Print Center and MobilePrint can accept and process the following document types:
||.doc, .docx, .dot |
||.xls, .xlt, .xlsx, .xltx, .xltm, .xlsm |
||.ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .pot, .pps, .potx, .ppsx |
||.vsd, .vsdx, .vsdm, .vss, .vssx, .vssm, .vst, .vstx, .vstm, vdx, .vsx, .vtx, .vdw |
||.msg, .eml |
(OpenOffice, LibreOffice, etc.)
|.odt, .ods, .ott, .odp, .odg, .odf, .odp |
|Adobe Portable Document Format
|Comma Separated Values
|Rich Text Format
|Limited HTML support
||HTML as a part of the e-mail body itself. HTML links or attachments are not supported for security reasons. |
||.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .bmp, .tif, .tiff |
||.cfg, .ini |
If you need to print other file types not included in this list, please log on to a lab computer and print your document or file directly.