Print from your device using MobilePrint
You can now print to any lab or public printer on campus from any laptop, tablet or smartphone!
IMPORTANT: In order to use MobilePrint, you must have an active print quota. If you have never printed on campus before, you must first go to a print release station in a computer lab or the library and swipe your Ship ID card to activate your print allowance.
Print by web browser
You can use the Print Center portal to upload and release your print job. Print Center gives you the added ability to preview your print jobs, choose to print double-sided (duplex), print multiple pages per side, and more.
To use Print Center:
- Go to https://print.ship.edu. Log on with your Ship username and password.
- To upload documents, click on the Upload button. You can also delete uploaded documents by choosing them from the list and clicking on the Delete button.
- To change the way a document prints, select one or more documents using the checkboxes at the left. Then, use the options at the bottom to set print preferences for the selected documents.
Sets the selected print job(s) to print in color.
NOTE: Only available when a color printer is selected.
Prints the selected job(s) double-sided/duplex.
NOTE: Only available when a duplex printer is selected.
Pages per side
Allows printing of up to 2 pages per side, allowing you to save paper and your print quota.
Allows you to select the number of copies of the document you would like to print.
- To print your document(s), go to any print release station in a computer lab or the library and swipe your Ship ID card. Select the document(s) you want to print and click on PRINT.
Print by e-mail
NOTE: You only have to register an e-mail address one time.
- The first time you use MobilePrint, send a blank e-mail to email@example.com from your device. You'll receive an instant reply asking you to register your e-mail address.
NOTE: The message can be sent from your @ship.edu e-mail address, or your personal address (including @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, or any others).
- Click on the link in the message to be taken to the Print Center portal, and sign in with your Ship username and password to register your e-mail address.
- After your e-mail address is registered, attach the file(s) you wish to print to an e-mail and send it to:
You can also forward messages that you've received that have the attachments you want to print. MobilePrint will even allow you to print the body of the e-mail message if you like.
Within a few minutes, you'll receive a reply notifying you that your documents are ready to print. If any documents could not be processed successfully, the message will also list those (see "Accepted document types" below for more details).
Walk to any print release station in a computer lab or the library. Swipe your Ship ID card, select the jobs you want to release, and click on Print.
Accepted document types
Print Center and MobilePrint can accept and process the following document types:
|Microsoft Word||.doc, .docx, .dot|
|Microsoft Excel||.xls, .xlt, .xlsx, .xltx, .xltm, .xlsm|
|Microsoft PowerPoint||.ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .pot, .pps, .potx, .ppsx|
|Microsoft Visio||.vsd, .vsdx, .vsdm, .vss, .vssx, .vssm, .vst, .vstx, .vstm, vdx, .vsx, .vtx, .vdw|
|Microsoft Outlook||.msg, .eml|
(OpenOffice, LibreOffice, etc.)
|.odt, .ods, .ott, .odp, .odg, .odf, .odp|
|Adobe Portable Document Format|
|Comma Separated Values||.csv|
|Rich Text Format||.rtf|
|Limited HTML support||HTML as a part of the e-mail body itself. HTML links or attachments are not supported for security reasons.|
|Image formats||.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .bmp, .tif, .tiff|
|Other formats||.cfg, .ini|
If you need to print other file types not included in this list, please log on to a lab computer and print your document or file directly.