Adobe Creative Cloud Software Availability
The Computing Technologies Center is pleased to announce the campus-wide availability of Adobe Creative Cloud, a collection of software and services that enable creativity and design through industry-leading applications, including:
Design & Web Tools
- Acrobat Pro
- Edge Animate
- Flash Professional
- Premier Pro
- After Effects
Through this new software agreement, these applications are available for installation on any university-owned PC or Macintosh at no cost to departments. The license also enables faculty and staff to install the software at home at minimal cost.
Installing Adobe Creative Cloud on campus computers
Creative Cloud applications are now available to install on all campus PCs and Macs! If you are using a PC, you can follow the directions to install the software yourself. If you need assistance, or need to install the software on a Macintosh-based desktop or laptop computer, please contact our Help Desk at (717) 477-HELP (x4357).
From your campus computer...
(it is recommended that you perform the following steps while your computer is connected to the campus network)
Click here to browse to the Ship online software catalog.
- You will be prompted to log in. Enter your Ship e-mail address and password and click OK.
- From the list that appears, click on the Adobe Creative Cloud package that best fits your needs (either Creative Cloud - Design & Web Package, or Creative Cloud - Video Production Package). The description below each package will detail which applications are included. If you need Acrobat XI Pro, that program must be installed separately from the Design & Web and Video Production packages via the same process. It is recommended that you only install the package of applications that you will need.
- Click on the INSTALL button at the bottom. A prompt will appear, asking "Are you sure you want to install the selected application?" Click on YES.
- You'll see a message and green check mark indicating that the installation has started. Adobe Creative Cloud will begin downloading files in the background. In a few moments, you'll see the Adobe setup screen appear (this may take a few minutes depending on your connection speed).
- The installation is automated and will take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours. When finished, you will see a message indicating that Adobe Creative Cloud is installed. At this point, you'll find shortcuts to each of the Adobe applications in your Start Menu, and you can begin using them right away! If you need additional Creative Cloud packages, return to the Software Catalog and install them using the same procedure.
Using Creative Cloud at Home
Our license with Adobe also allows the use of Adobe Creative Cloud at home on a personally-owned PC or Macintosh for all university faculty and staff. A fee of $9.75 (paid to Kivuto Solutions, who provides the installation files) will be required to access the software, and must be renewed annually. Instructions for installing the home version can be downloaded below:
Adobe Day at Shippensburg University
Adobe Day was held on Tuesday, March 25, 2014. You can view the session recording at the link above.
In this session, Steve Adler, Senior Solutions Consultant for Adobe Education, shows you how to put you and your students on the fast track to learning the essential skills for using Adobe's portfolio of applications and integrating them into visual and digital communication projects. Participants will explore the wide number of free resources and how to identify, collaborate, personalize, and share these tools to improve learning and critical skills for enhancing any project and discipline. Discover the hidden power of Adobe TV, the Education Exchange, and free curriculum. Best of all, everything is educator-created and free to use under the Creative Commons Framework.
Online resources from the presentation: