Choose Chemistry at Ship!
If you possess a curiosity about our physical world and a desire to improve the quality of life, consider a major in chemistry.
Many of our students enter industry, business, or government agencies immediately after graduation. Some of our students complement the chemistry degree with a teaching certificate and pursue careers in secondary education. A chemistry degree also provides access to graduate and professional schools. Half of our students pursue an advanced education.
Chemistry at Ship offers the following programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Chemistry B.S - Business Concentration
- Chemistry B.S - Biochemistry Concentration
- Chemistry B.S - Forensics Concentration
- Chemistry B.S - Pre-Pharmacy
- Chemistry B.S - Computational Chemistry Concentration
- Chemistry B.S - Environmental Science Concentration
- Chemistry B.S - Secondary Education Certification
- Chemistry Minor
- Chemistry Biochemistry Minor
Our curriculum, approved by the American Chemical Society, involves core and laboratory courses in general, inorganic, organic, physical, and analytical chemistry as well as the allied fields of physics and mathematics. Each chemistry faculty member holds a doctorate from a major university. Class sizes are small, and we are proud of our accessibility in and out of the classroom. You will have the opportunity to undertake research to obtain experience in individual scientific investigation.