Computer Science, Applications Concentration, B.S.
This is our broadest degree. Its goal is to give students experiences across the discipline. The courses in this program cover everything from the organization of the hardware to high-level applications like graphics and artificial intelligence. Students in the program will get to take advanced electives in a wide range of topics instead of focusing on one particular area.
Identified skills for students in this concentration include:
- The ability to solve difficult problems and implement solutions to those problems
- Experience working together as a team
- A good understanding of Machine Learning and its application to real world problems (e.g. data mining and clustering and classification)
- Understanding the different aspects of computer networks. Such as building network applications, routing, working with TCP/IP and UDP, as well as physical layer understanding
- Applying theory and practice to the design, implementation, and programming of database systems
- Strengthening C and/or Java programming skills
The Undergraduate Catalog details specifics about course requirements and sequencing.