Innovations in Student Career Development Symposium
April 17, 2015, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Shippensburg University Conference Center, Shippensburg PA
This one day symposium was designed to showcase innovative models and practices that support student career development at colleges and universities. It included concurrent presentations, roundtable discussions, and networking opportunities designed to foster a sharing of ideas, approaches, and breakthrough practices across institutions.
Attendees benefited from being able to 1) explore and gain new strategies, 2) build a regional network of colleagues, and 3) build their professional portfolio, through presentations and a post-symposium online compendium.
Participants: 62 individuals from 29 different colleges and universities.
Program and Presentations
Post-Symposium Online Compendium
The following materials were submitted by presenters and attendees for posting on this website:
1. Addressing Growing Concerns of Graduates’ Preparedness to Enter the Workforce via a 2-Day Professional Conference, N. Lefelhoc, A. Dunham, Mansfield University.
2. Using Rubrics to Connect to Curriculum, S. Moore, Pennsylvania College of Technology.
3. What Works: Helping to Develop Career Readiness for Student-Athletes, V. Kerr, P. Gochenauer, L. Ilaria, Shippensburg University.
4. The College and the Community: Partners in Problem-Based and Experiential Learning, D. Parkton, A. Moyer, Delaware Valley College.
5. Digital Badges in Professional Development, C. Sax, Shippensburg University.
For additional information about this event, contact Shippensburg University's Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education at PCDE@ship.edu or 717-477-1502.