Master of Social Work (with Millersville University)
Millersville and Shippensburg Universities, in a historic joint arrangement, began offering an MSW program in Fall 2006. The joint program includes a mix of traditional campus based instruction and distance education technology and allows students to take courses at the campus of their choice. The program is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Students are admitted into the 36-credit Advanced Standing Program and the 60-credit Regular Admission Program during the first summer term only, in mid-May, of each year.
New applications for May 2019 are being accepted now!
Applications for the MSW program are available through the Office of Graduate Admissions. The process is simple, just follow the directions on the application checklist. You will need to do the following
- Start the application. Apply NOW! The next entrance point for this program is summer term A 2019.
- Send the Office of Graduate Admissions transcripts from each and every institution of higher learning you have attended
- Submit the following items through your Ship Admissions portal after the completion of your application:
- Liberal Arts Course Form
- Academic & Professional statement throught "Program Statement"
- 3 references through the "Recommendation" tab. An automated email will be sent on your behalf for their recommendation.
- If you are seeking Advanced Standing, please submit the MSW Advanced Standing Form
The Graduate Admissions office is asking that all application materials with the exception of the graduate admission’s application be submitted by email to GradAdmiss@ship.edu. To learn more about the MSW program and specific requirements, read the information on the Graduate Admission’s website.