Shippensburg University offers a payment program to help students and their families cover the cost of tuition and other fees. This program allows you to budget ahead of time for expenses in the upcoming semester or academic year through a series of monthly payments. All or part of your expenses may be budgeted.
Students must pay all fees and charges in full by the due date set for each semester. If the amount you paid in monthly payments is less than the total due, you must make a separate payment for the balance by the due date. If the amount you paid in monthly payments is more than the total due, you may request either a refund or credit toward a future semester. Refund requests can be made after the semester begins.
Fall Semester: April 15, May 15, June 15, July 15
Spring Semester: September 15, October 15, November 15, December 15
The payment plan is not a loan program-there are no interest costs, loan origination fees, or late payment penalties on missed monthly installments. You determine the amount of money you wish to budget and the monthly payment you wish to make.
Download and complete the online application form and send it along with your application fee payment to: Student Accounts Office, Shippensburg University, 1871 Old Main Drive, Shippensburg, PA 17257-2299. Make checks payable to Shippensburg University.
Use the worksheet at the bottom of the application to estimate the amount to be budgeted.
There is a $30 per year ($15 per semester) enrollment fee. If a student does not attend (or withdraws from the university), the payments into the plan will be refunded, based upon the university's refund policies and schedules, minus any charges that have accrued against the student's account.
Once you're accepted into the program, we will mail you a packet of payment vouchers for your convenience in transmitting the budgeted amounts. If you prefer, we will e-mail the vouchers to you. (Please provide your e-mail address on the application form.) You may adjust the budgeted amounts at any time by making the appropriate changes on the vouchers. If you wish to withdrawal from the plan, simply stop making payments.
Before you apply for this program, please read the following terms and conditions:
- An application received for enrollment in the program must be accompanied by payment for the application fee. Your application will be returned if no payment is enclosed. Application fees are not refundable.
- The payment plan consists of eight monthly installments for the full academic year or four monthly installments for one semester. Students planning to graduate in December would normally utilize the four-month plan for fall semester. Freshmen admitted late for the fall semester might wish to enter the program with a four-payment plan for the spring semester followed by a full year plan for subsequent academic years. An academic year consists of consecutive fall and spring semesters.
- Participation in the payment program is renewable each academic year by submitting an application as described in #1 of "Terms and Conditions."
- The program may be terminated at any time or the budgeted amount may be changed by noting the change on the payment vouchers provided by the university.
- If the amount paid through the payment plan is more than the total due on the student's account, the student may either request a refund or a credit against future charges after the semester begins. If the student does not attend or withdraws from Shippensburg University, the payments into the plan will be refunded, based upon the university refund policies and schedules, minus any charges against the student's account.
- In those instances where the final payment amount is less than the student's bill, payment for the balance will be due immediately upon its determination or by the due date of the semester's bill, whichever occurs later.
- Bad checks issued either for the application fee or the installments will be treated in accordance with the normal policies of the university, which essentially impose a $35 penalty and require replacement with cash, certified check, or money order.
- Student Accounts Home
- Undergraduate Tuition, Fees & Housing
- Non Resident Tuition Rates
- Online Degree Completion
- Summer Semester
- Winter Semester
- Refund Information
- Billing and Payment
- Meal Plans
- International Students
- Military Aid
- Tax Information
- Perkins Loan Information
- Direct Deposit of Student Refunds
- Financial Aid