Jesse S. Heiges Distinguished Alumni Award

The Heiges Award was established in 1959 through gifts from Ralph Heiges and Jesse G. Heiges to honor their father, Shippensburg's first dean of instruction from 1901 to 1934. The university highest award, supplemented in 1961 by a gift from the Class of 1911 on its 50th reunion, recognizes each recipient's distinguished and outstanding achievements in his or her field to the benefit of the community and society. Alumni are selected each year from nominees submitted by alumni, faculty, faculty emeriti, and administrators.