SOC386 - Data Collection and Analysis - Dr. Drenovsky
The following can also be accessed from the Library's web page - Choose "Find Articles" then "In Databases"
1. Scholarly Articles - If you don't find full text of the article, choose "Check Availability" to order it via ILLIAD [inter library loan]
- SocINDEX with Full Text -An extensive database to scholarly publications in sociology, social work, and related fields, indexing over 1 million academic periodical articles and other materials (40% in full text). Deep coverage back to the 1960s and as far back as 1882.
- Sociological Collection - A full-text database to 500+ sociology journals. Almost 90% of the database is available in full-text and almost all journals are peer reviewed. Most coverage is from 1985 to the present.
2. Other Article Resources
- Education Research Complete - Covers all aspects of the field of Education, including colleges and universities. Contains abstracts and full text of journal articles and other research materials
- ERIC - Covers the field of Education, including colleges and universities. Most recent materials include the full text. Contains more than 1 million items including journal articles, unpublished documents, research reports, curricular materials, etc.
- Academic Search Complete - Our main, full text database of journal and magazine articles in the natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, business and eduation. 50% of the articles are available immediately in electronic form.
- Other subject databases - You may need to check our other subject databases such as, PsycARTICLES, etc.
- JSTOR - provides access to an online archive for 700+ full text scholarly journals throughout the arts and sciences. It includes online backfiles which extend from the first issue to within 3-5 years of the current issue
3. Books - Search first in WorldCat. When you know that a book exists, then see if Ship has it or if it is available in EZ-Borrow
- WorldCat.org - This is the mother of all library databases. If a book has been published it's in here. WorldCat now indicates if Ship has the book you found.
- Ship catalog - Books in Ship Library
- EZ-Borrow [PALCI] - a cooperative catalog for borrowing books from 50+ academic libraries in Pennsylvania and the region, including Penn State and the University of Pennsylvania libraries.
4. Other Useful Services