The Center for Land Use and Sustainability
We provide meaningful, hands-on learning experiences for our students through various interdisciplinary and collaborative research projects between our affiliated scientists and the community. The Center for Land Use and Sustainability (CLUS), based in the Geography-Earth Science Department at Shippensburg University, provides the following services:
- Student Engagement & Community Outreach
- Grants & Service Contracts
- Continuing & Professional Education
Learn more about the CLUS: http://www.centerforlanduse.org
Vision, Mission, and Goals
The mission of the CLUS is to support science-based solutions to interdisciplinary sustainability challenges. Our vision is to become a nationally recognized interdisciplinary center that leverages the expertise of SU faculty, staff, and students to promote sustainable land use, economic development, cultural and natural resource management, and communities at local, regional, and global scales.
The goals of the CLUS are to:
- Promote applied interdisciplinary research on issues related to land use and sustainability.
- Support affordable, sustainable solutions in our local, regional, and global communities.
- Create professional development opportunities for faculty and staff, and high-impact learning experiences for students.
Support Our Mission
Your support will provide us with the resources to more broadly engage students in high-impact learning experiences, including research and service learning related to sustainability. Your donation to the Center for Land Use and Sustainability Fund at the SU Foundation is tax deductible.
If you are interested in making a major gift, endowment, or providing corporate sponsorship, please contact Cindy Yeiser, Major Gifts Officer at the SU Foundation (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 717-477-1377).