Post-Bachelor's Graduate Certificate in Leadership
Graduate Certificate | Online or In-Person
Jump-start your graduate education or further your career goals with the knowledge and application of established practices in leadership.
This certificate is for working professionals or post-baccalaureate students who wish to advance their leadership skills, excel in their careers, jump-start their graduate-level learning, or become a more effective leader in the workforce.
Online classes are available during the Summer and Winter terms. Face-to-face classes are available during the Fall and Spring terms.
Why Earn a Certificate in Leadership?
- Develop an understanding of effective leadership behavior at the organizational, social, and individual level.
- Learn to recognize and understand how diversity relates to effective leadership.
- Enhance your effectiveness as a manager and a team leader.
- Discover strategies for using technology to communicate and analyze information in order to better lead and foster collaboration.
To be eligible for admission to the program, applicants must:
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Complete the graduate certificate application
- Submit official undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts documenting the earned degree
For full course descriptions, review the Graduate Catalog.
- SOC 550 Leadership Theory and Practice (3 credits)
- SOC 560 Leadership. Change, and Innovation (3 credits)
Electives Include (but are not limited to):
- SOC 435 Gender, Organizations and Leadership
- COM 505 Public Relations Foundations
- PLS 504 Ethics for Pub Service
- SOC 440 Global Leadership for Global Society
- COM 506 Public Relations Strategies
- PLS 522 Advocacy for Public Admin
- SOC 445 Sexuality and Sexual Orientation
- COM 570 Fundraising and Assoc. PR
- PLS 523 Comm for Pub Serv Mgr
Shippensburg University reserves the right to cancel any courses due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances.
Current & Past Students
Log in to your MyShip Portal using your Ship email address and password to register.
Review the Non-Degree/Visiting Students application instructions.
Information about tuition, fees, paying your bill, and the refund and withdraw policies are available on the Student Accounts page.
For additional questions regarding tuition and financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office.
If you are receiving financial assistance from your employer to pay your tuition and/or fees, you must complete the Employer Reimbursement Tuition Deferment Application.