OUTDOOR RECREATIONAL FACILITIES
Recreational activities are restricted to the following areas unless specifically authorized by the Department of Recreation. Varsity playing and practice fields in the area of Heiges Field House and Henderson Gymnasium are not designated for recreational use.
STUDENT RECREATION COMPLEX (SRC)
A fully lighted, 12-acre multipurpose recreational facility located in the area of Seavers Apartments and the Storage Parking Lot. The following are features of this complex:
- A 40'x50' lighted open-sided structure. Picnic seating for 110.
- Restroom facilities are available on-site. A charcoal grill is adjacent to the pavilion.
Burd Run Pavilion
- Unlighted pavilion with 35 person capacity. Horseshoe pits and a grill are adjacent.
- Located off Burd Run Dr near Fogelsanger Rd exit
Street Hockey Rink
*A 130'x65' roofed structure for hockey or skating
Softball Fields (2)
Sand Volleyball Courts (2) & Basketball Courts (2)
A 6 ft wide, 827-meter path wraps around the Student Rec Complex. Lighted 24/ 7.
ROBB FIELD TENNIS COMPLEX
A complex of nine lighted courts shared with the women's varsity tennis team.
SETH GROVE STADIUM TRACK
Lanes 4-8 of this 400-meter all-weather track are available from dawn to dusk with the exception of varsity practice and competition periods.
General Policies for Outdoor Facilities
- No equipment, apparatus, field marking or maintenance device may be assembled, disassembled or relocated without approval of the Coordinator of Facilities.
- Pets must be leashed and are not permitted within any structure or within the asphalt path of the Student Recreation Complex. Owner assumes cleanup responsibility.
- ID must be presented during random checks by University staff.
- Bicycles are not permitted within the asphalt path of the SRC or inside any structure and should be secured only to bike racks.
- After dusk, playing areas are not to be used unless illuminated.
Please visit events.ship.edu to submit a facility request.
Reservation Requests- Recognized student organizations may request space in recreational venues through the campus-wide scheduling system, EMS, by visiting events.ship.edu. The requestor should be an individual planning to be on site for the duration of requested activity. Instructions appear at the end of the Facilities page. Please refer reservation questions to the Director of Recreation, 717-477-1755.
FACILITY REQUEST INSTRUCTIONS (INSTRUCTIONS FOR ATHLETIC/RECREATIONAL FACILITIES ONLY)
Non-University affiliated (external) groups should contact Conference Services regarding facility reservations.
Conference Services Contact Information: