B.S. in Healthcare Administration
Individuals seeking admissions to the Degree Completion Program recognize that transfer credits will only be applicable to Degree Completion Program requirements. Degree Completion students who decide to change their major after matriculation will have their transfer credits re-evaluated accordingly.
Regularly admitted students with an interest in this major must meet the Degree Completion Program admissions requirements. Additional questions should be directed to the Degree Completion Program coordinator.
Shippensburg University will award a B.S. degree in Healthcare Administration upon:
- Completion of the 45 credit Healthcare Administration program with a minimum of a 2.00 cumulative GPA;
- Fulfillment of 48 credits of general education requirements;
- Earning a minimum of 120 college/university credits.
Foundation and Core course requirements:
- Three credits in the foundation course
- HCA 400 Introduction to Health Care Systems
- Twelve credits of core courses
- ENG 338 Technical Professional Writing II
- ISM 300 Information Technology and Business Operations
- MGT 305 Organizational Behavior
- HSC 385 Resolving Conflict Through Communications
- Twelve credits in health care professional courses
- HCA 451 Legal Aspects of Health Care
- HCA 452 Health Care Financial Management
- HCA 453 Human Resources Management for Health Care Administrators
- HCA 454 Health Care Strategic Management
- Twelve credits of health care professional electives selected with advisement from an approved list of courses
- Six credits of internship or completion of a professional research project