Shippensburg University Recreation
Members of the Shippensburg University community have plenty of opportunities to maintain healthy and active lifestyles. The Department of Recreation has excellent facilities and provides opportunities throughout the year. Rec Brochure 22.pdf
- Intramurals - Intramural leagues and tournaments are held on campus and are open to students, faculty and staff.
- Club Sports - Student Government Association recognized organizations which provide opportunities for students to participate in competitive sports activities against outside clubs and institutions.
- Group Fitness - Enjoy a variety of group fitness classes which provide workout opportunities for all fitness levels.
- Bike Share Program - Check-out a bike to enjoy around the campus community and nearby trails.
- 64,000 square foot recreation center with multipurpose courts, an elevated track, free weights, power lift stations and cardiovascular machines.
- Student Recreation Complex
- A lighted, 12-acre multipurpose facility that includes softball fields, volleyball courts, basketball courts, disc golf course, 1/2 mile walking path, pavilions and a street hockey rink.
- Heiges Field House pool
- 25 yard/6 lane pool available in Heiges Field House. Open rec swim opportunities are available for students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Seth Grove Stadium track
- 400 meter all-weather track available when not in use by varsity athletics.
- Tennis Complex
- 9 outdoor tennis courts available when not in use by varsity athletics.
We welcome you to learn more about what we have to offer and get involved!