How do I log in to my alumni email account?
Go to https://mail.ship.edu. Log in using your full @alum.ship.edu e-mail address and password.
How can I change or reset the password to my alumni email account?
To change your password, log in to your alumni email account by visiting https://mail.ship.edu. In the top right corner, click on your name, and then click the View account link. Click the Password tab on the left, and then follow the prompts to change your password.
If you forgot your password or are unable to access your account, go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com, enter your full @alum.ship.edu email address, and follow the instructions. You will be able to reset your password by enter answers to your security questions, or by sending a verification code to your mobile phone or personal email address.
If you are still unable to access your account, please contact the Alumni Relations Office at email@example.com or call (717) 477-1218.
How can I set up my mobile device to receive messages sent to my alumni email account?
Please follow the instructions for setting up a Ship e-mail address on a mobile device. Be sure to use your full @alum.ship.edu email address when prompted.
Will my current Ship email messages be automatically transferred to my alumni email account?
No, your current email messages are not automatically moved or copied to your alumni account. However, you can forward any messages from your Ship student email account to your new alumni account after it is established. You have the ability to do this up to 45 days following your graduation or departure from Ship. After this time, your student email account will be removed.
How much storage space is provided for alumni email accounts?
Each alumni email account has 50 GB of space.
Can I automatically forward email messages from my alumni account to another personal account?
Yes. Please follow the instructions below to forward email to another email address:
- Log in to your alumni email account at https://mail.ship.edu.
- Click on the Settings gear in the top right corner.
- Click on View all Outlook settings.
- Under the "Mail" category on the left, click on Rules.
- Click on + Add new rule. In the Name field, type “Forward email”.
- Under “Add a condition”, choose Apply to all messages.
- Under “Add an action”, choose Redirect to and then type the email address that you would like messages to be automatically forwarded to. You may need to click on the link that says Use this address: [your email address] to complete the entry.
- Click Save. Messages will now be automatically forwarded to the address that you specified.
How can I change the display name shown when I send a message from my alumni email account?
To request a change to your display name, please contact the Alumni Relations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (717) 477-1218.
How do I deactivate my alumni email account if I am no longer using it?
To request that your email account be disabled, please contact the Alumni Relations Office at email@example.com or call (717) 477-1218.
Where can I get additional help with my alumni email account?
Please contact the Alumni Relations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (717) 477-1218.