Welcome to the Writing Studio
We empower writers to meet their writing goals.
Location and Hours
The Writing Studio is a branch of the Learning Center, located on the first floor of Mowrey Hall (adjacent to Reisner Dining Hall).
The new Graduate Writing Studio office is located in the lobby of Mowrey Hall, behind the reception desk.
The Writing Specialist is located in Mowrey Hall 128.
Fall and Spring Hours
Sunday: 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Online and on-campus writing tutoring is offered during the summer term. To make an appointment for a summer course, click the Online and Off-Campus Students tab.
Graduate Students and Online/Off-Campus Students
Frequency of Appointments
A student is welcome to schedule up to 2 appointments per week.
To ensure we are able to meet with as many students as possible, students are not permitted to schedule more than one session for a single class in one day.
What Writers Say About Us
- "I was nervous to have someone read my work but [my tutor] made the environment supportive and friendly."
- "The tutoring sessions are very effective. My writing continues to improve with every session."
- "I feel more confident now to turn in my finished paper."
- "…Even strong writers can benefit from using this resource."
- "Amazing. I was able to have a clear mind and see things that I didn't take notice to when I was reading it over by myself."