The Writing Studio
Face-to-Face sessions are available for Undergraduate students.
Face-to-Face and Online sessions are available for Graduate students.
NEW VIDEO COMING SOON!!
We empower writers to meet their writing goals.
Location and Hours
The Writing Studio is located on the first floor of the new Student Success Center (in the Mowrey Hall building adjacent to Reisner Dining Hall) within the large Learning Center room.
The Graduate Writing Studio Office is located on the first floor of the new Student Success Center (in Mowrey Hall to the left, up the stairs) in Office 105.
Fall and Spring Hours
Sunday: 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday: Closed
Summer and Winter Hours
By appointment only between the hours of 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
How to Make an Appointment
Visit the Graduate Students tab to electronically schedule a face-to-face or online consultation.
Online and Off-Campus Students
Visit the Online and Off-Campus Students tab to electronically schedule an online consultation.
Frequency of Appointments
A student is welcome to schedule up to 2 appointments per week for a single course.
To ensure we are able to meet with as many student as possible, students are not permitted to schedule more than one session for a single class in one day.
Cancelation Policy: A missed appointment will be recorded if the student does not arrive within 15 minutes of the scheduled appointment time. Appointments canceled with less than 24 hours’ notice will be considered late cancelations. Students who have two late cancelations or two missed appointments will be contacted by the Writing Studio Director. Students with several late cancelations or missed appointments may lose the privilege of scheduling Writing Studio appointments for the remainder of the semester because they are preventing other students from utilizing the time slots.
Click here to view their bios.
Writing Studio Bulletins
Stay informed about what's going on at the Writing Studio!
What Writers Say About Us
- "The writing center services have helped me to improve my writing a lot, so I would recommend them to my friends to benefit from these services.”
- "I was nervous to have someone read my work but [my tutor] made the environment supportive and friendly."
- "The tutoring sessions are very effective. My writing continues to improve with every session."
- "I feel more confident now to turn in my finished paper."
- "…Even strong writers can benefit from using this resource."
- "Amazing. I was able to have a clear mind and see things that I didn't take notice to when I was reading it over by myself."