2019 - 2020 SHIPREC MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
All part-time and full-time undergraduate students enrolled in on-campus classes pay a rec fee as a condition of enrollment and are considered members of ShipRec.
- Membership policy is in effect August 12, 2019 – August 9, 2020
- This policy applies to the ShipRec building only.
- Policy and associated fees are subject to change.
- Click the following link for a copy of the 19-20 ShipRec Membership Brochure
- Currently employed SU Faculty and Staff Members
- Currently enrolled SU Graduate Students
- SU Retirees as defined by SU Human Resources
- SU Alumni as defined by SU Office of Alumni Relations
- SU Donors as defined by the SU Foundation
- SU Trustees
- SU Affiliates
- Dining Service Full-Time Management Staff, Supervisors, and Union Associates
- Student Services, Inc. Full-Time Employees
- SU Foundation Board Members and Full-Time Employees
- Juvenile Justice Training and Research Full-Time Employees
- Individuals may choose from two options which classify them as a “Member”.
- Fees are pro-rated based on purchase date.
PUNCH CARD OPTION
- Punch cards may be purchased as an alternative to membership.
- Limited access card for $3 per visit.
- Minimum purchase of 10 punches is required.
- Punch cards do not expire and are non-transferable.
- Presentation of photo ID is required at time of purchase.
- Bring payment and SU ID to ShipRec entrance desk during hours of operation.
- Individuals without a valid SU ID (alumni, retiree, donor, and trustee), must present another form of photo ID.
- Payment accepted: cash or check (made payable to Shippensburg University)
- No group or family discount offered.
- Dependents are defined according to the policies established by the SU Office of Human Resources
- Dependents of SU faculty, staff, affiliate, trustee, and retired members, who are at least 16 years of age, are eligible to purchase a membership or punch card based on the membership status of sponsor. Dependents of punch card holders are not eligible for membership but may purchase a punch card.
- The member assumes role of “Sponsor” and accepts responsibility for the actions of the dependent (s).
- Dependent membership or punch card is concurrent with employee separation from SU.
- Dependents ages 10-15 are not eligible for membership or punch cards. However, they may be sponsored by a member as a guest with applicable guest fees. Refer to the guest pass policy for more information.
- Dependents of graduate students, donors, and alumni are not eligible for membership. However, a member may sponsor a dependent as a guest with applicable guest fees. Refer to the guest pass policy for more information.
- Dependents must be at least 14 years of age to use the Cardio/Strength area.
- Individuals under the age of 10 are not permitted in the facility for recreational purposes.
ENTRANCE INTO FACILITIES
- Members/punch card holders must present SU ID or ShipRec card to entrance desk staff.
- All parties are subject to random verification of ID through visual inspection.
- Cards provided by ShipRec have a replacement fee of $5.
- Members may sponsor a guest at ShipRec. Punch card users and dependents may not purchase a guest pass.
- Guest pass fee: $3 (valid for one date of use)
- Members may purchase up to two passes per week (Mon.- Sun.) and sponsor up to two guests at one time.
- Passes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Sponsor and guest must show photo ID at time of purchase.
- Guest passes may be purchased at ShipRec during all hours of operation.
- Sponsor must remain with the guest(s) at all times, and assumes responsibility for the actions of the guest(s).
Day lockers are available for day-use only and require a quarter for access. Quarter is refundable after use.
- Full-size lockers are available for day-use or semester rental. Day-users supply their own lock which must be removed daily. ShipRec supplies renters with a lock.
- Fee for locker rentals is $10 per semester.
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
- Group fitness classes are included in the purchase of ShipRec access.
- Class schedules are available at ShipRec, on the Rec Hotline (717-477-1561), and online at www.ship.edu/recreation. Refer to the website for a list of group fitness policies and class descriptions.
- Faculty and staff must park in a faculty/staff parking lot.
- Alumni, donors, trustees, retirees, and dependents are issued a ShipRec parking decal at time of membership or punch card purchase. These individuals must park in the Commuter Lot (C6) located in front of ShipRec.
- The ShipRec parking pass expires concurrently with membership/punch card expiration.
- SU parking regulations and campus parking map are located at ship.edu/police.
- Violations of established ShipRec policies or parking regulations may result in loss of membership/punch card privileges without a refund.
Questions regarding ShipRec membership?
Contact the Department of Recreation
717-477-1755 or firstname.lastname@example.org