Student Rights and Financial Responsibilities
Shippensburg University Code: 003326
You Have the Right to Ask:
- What financial aid programs are available to me?
- How does Shippensburg University determine each type and amount of assistance I can receive?
- Please reconsider my aid package if a mistake is made or if my enrollment or financial circumstances change.
- What are the procedures and deadlines for applying for aid?
- How does Shippensburg University determine satisfactory academic progress?
You Are Responsible For:
- Accurately completing and submitting the appropriate application forms by the published deadline dates (errors can delay or prevent you from receiving aid).
- Using financial aid funds for educational purposes (books, off-campus housing, etc.) only.
- Submitting requested materials,corrections, or new information on a timely basis.
- Meeting the regulations and repayment schedules of student loans.
- Informing Shippensburg University of any grants, scholarships, or loans received from outside organizations.
- Informing the Shippensburg University Financial Aid Office of any information that has changed since you applied for aid (address or attendance status).
- Understanding the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements for maintaining financial aid eligibility.
- Knowing the federal and state academic progress requirements for continuous financial aid eligibility.