To be eligible for admission to the MBA Program applicants must:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Complete an online application
- Present a current resume
- Submit 500-word statement of purpose for pursuing an MBA, your future goals, and why you chose Shippensburg University
- Complete and submit the MBA Track selection web-form
- Score 450 or higher on the GMAT (or have five years of mid-level experience, including management experience)
- GMAT may be waived for Beta Gamma Sigma members. Verification is required. Send scanned documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualifying GRE scores may be accepted by the department on a case-by-case basis.
- GMAT Prep information
Contact the Graduate Admissions Office at GradAdmiss@ship.edu for more information about program requirements.
Ship's 30-credit MBA consists of 8 required core courses (3 credits each) and 2 elective courses (3 credits each). The requirements are the same in each of the three delivery formats. You may choose 7 of the following 8 core courses:
- MBA502 Managerial Accounting
- MBA529 Corporate Financial Management
- MBA548 IT Management and Innovation
- MBA554 International Business
- MBA556 Organizational Leadership
- MBA565 Contemporary Decision Making
- MBA577 Supply Chain Management
- MBA570 Marketing Management
This is a capstone course. You must have completed four core courses (12 credits). It is highly recommended that you have taken MBA 502 and MBA 529.
- MBA593 Strategic Management
The John L. Grove College of Business offers three concentrations to complement your MBA.
The new 36-credit, 100 percent online Finance Concentration is available to all MBA students regardless of location or track selection. You will take the 8 core courses and then take the following 4 courses:
- FIN520 Financial Risk Management
- FIN512 Investment Analysis
- FIN525 Multinational Business Finance
- FIN533 Applied Financial Analysis
Before taking any of the finance concentration courses, you must first complete the core courses MBA529 Global Managerial Finance and MBA502 Managerial Accounting. Courses will be scheduled in winter and summer terms allowing students to complete the concentration in as little as one calendar year.
The new 36-credit, 100 percent online Health Care Management Concentration is available to all MBA students regardless of location or track selection. You will take the 8 core courses and then take the following 4 courses:
- MBA 581 Health Information Technology
- MBA 582 Health Care Financial Management
- MBA 583 Health Care Law
- MBA 584 Health Care Strategic Management
Before taking any of the HCM concentration courses, students must first complete all of the foundation course requirements.
The 36-credit, 100 percent online Supply Chain Management Concentration is available to all MBA students regardless of location or track selection. You will take the 8 core courses and then select 4 courses from the following:
- SCM510 Introduction to Logistics and Transportation Management
- SCM515 Procurement Management
- SCM555 Supply Chain Quality Management
- SCM570 Supply Chain Management Theory and Practice
- SCM590 Warehousing and Distribution Management
The 36-credit, hybrid Management Information Systems Concentration is delivered in Harrisburg and Shippensburg. It is not available online. You will take the 8 core courses and then take the following 4 courses:
- ISS515 Information Systems Project Management
- ISS550 Database Design
- ISS570 Information Analysis
- MBA547 Management Information Systems & Applications