Leave Request and Approval
Follow these instructions to request and approve leave. Supervisors: Please make this information available to your staff who do not access their email regularly. Contact the Human Resources office at email@example.com or 717-477-1124 if you have any questions.
Employee Leave Request
- Login to the Employee Self-Service Portal with your Ship email address and password.
- Select Employee Self-Service tab
- Select Leave & Time. Here you can display your leave balances, absences, or request leave.
- Select Employee Leave Request.
- Select Create New Request (You may also view status of submitted requests or cancel a leave request).
- Select Leave Type, Start Date, End Date, Start Time and End Time.
- Add Additional Remarks (optional).
- Click Calculate Hours. It won’t let you request leave that you don’t have or aren’t going to anticipate.
- If you make a mistake or change your plans after the leave has been submitted, cancel the leave request and submit a new one.
Supervisor Leave Approval
- Supervisors will receive an email informing them that a leave request has been submitted. Click on the link in the email and enter your Ship email address and password at the Employee Self-Service login screen. You will be automatically directed to the Business Workplace Inbox.
- Choose the leave request you want to approve/disapprove by clicking the blue box to the left of the name. Click on Display In box Item. Approve or disapprove the leave request.
- The Inbox will automatically refresh in about 10 seconds.
- The employee will automatically receives an email confirmation.
- The leave request remains in the supervisor’s inbox for 7 days. If not approved or disapproved within 7 days, it is returned to the employee. If you will be out of the office for a week or more, contact Human Resources to arrange for a backup to approve leave for your staff in your absence.
- You should receive leave requests only from your staff. If you inadvertently receive a leave request from an employee who doesn’t report to you, please contact Human Resources.