Ship Analytics Platform
Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness
This area offers insight into the centralization of guidance, data collection and analysis, and dissemination of University assessment data. The information below includes the results of various surveys and analyses that contain measures on student engagement, satisfaction, and perception. The data also includes information on internal program reviews and assessments.
Visit the Institutional Effectiveness page to learn more about the Institutional Effectiveness Committee and governance process.
Visit the Assessment Activities page to learn about recent workshops and activities taking place at Shippensburg.
Internal Reports and Resources
The Office of Educational Intelligence and Technology produces several reports and resources related to institutional assessment and effectiveness. These can be accessed with the links below:
- NSSE Results: Reports and information on NSSE results for Shippensburg university going back a number of years. Reports include highlights of the survey results as well as engagement indicators and high-impact practices.
- CLA+ Results: The CLA+ results for Shippensburg contain a number of measures on critical thinking and written-communication skills of the students which are used to estimate institutional and individual student growth.
- Regional COVID-19 Impact Report for Shippensburg University
- Workforce Characteristics Technical Report
- Key Findings from Shippensburg University's Workforce Region Needs Assessment, 2016-2026
- Shippensburg University Alumni Outcomes Summary
- Coronavirus Recession Impact on Region
- NEW! SU Assessment Guidebook: The Assessment Guidebook is a comprehensive document that has terminology definitions, step-by-step instructions on how to create an assessment plan, a timeline of assessment due dates and activities, roles/responsibilities, and more.
- Program Review Handbook: The program review handbook outlines the six-step review process of university programs at Shippensburg as well as the benefits and timeline of the review process. The handbook also contains information about the differences between Academic and Administrative program reviews.
- PASSHE Analytics Landscape: One-page document compiled of tools and resources for users to access various data.
- Shippensburg University Supply/Demand Gap Analysis, 2014
- Pennsylvania's Workforce Needs Assessment, 2016-2026
There a number of additional resources outside of what is produced by the Office of Educational Intelligence and Technology that provide additional data and analysis related to Higher Education effectiveness and assessment. Below is a list of resources commonly used to compliment and improve the richness of the analysis of Shippensburg’s effectiveness.