All submissions are made electronically.
The typical review period is two months and begins once the submission fee is received.
Manuscripts are blind peer-reviewed. JBD has an acceptance rate between 15 and 20 percent. All manuscripts must be unpublished work and not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Submitted manuscripts should follow the following format.
- No reference to authors or author affiliation (This information and authors email addresses are contained in the transmittal email.)
- Use 1” margins
- Use single spacing within paragraphs
Paragraphs: separated by a blank line and not with tabbed indents
Tables figures: place where they should appear
- Text: 12-point Times New Roman; use left justification
Primary headers: bold, centered, 16-point font
Secondary headers: bold, flush left, on their own line, 14-point font
Tertiary headers: upper and lower case, italicized, bold, followed by a period, and then followed by text.
- Please do not use footnotes or endnotes for references
- References: APA format
- Page numbers: all pages except for the first page, number only, centered at the bottom of the page
- Approximately 100-word abstract
- Overall length excluding references, appendices between 12 and 16 pages
For information concerning APA manuscripts, click the following link APA Manuscript