Data Science Minor
Given the vast amount of data that exists in virtually every field of study, the Data Science Minor is an excellent complement to any major.
This program prepares you for every phase of the data science pipeline:
- Forming and assessing mathematical models
- Collecting and cleaning data
- Creating effective visualizations of data
- Identifying appropriate statistical techniques
- Communicating results to a general audience
You must take required courses (16-17 credits) and discipline-specific research courses (2-4 credits). Requirements strike a balance between:
- Computer programming
- Specialized data science tools and techniques
- Applied research
The Undergraduate Catalog provides details about requirements.
While you complete the Data Science Minor, you may also consider joining one of the Mathematics Department’s student organizations to network and boost your resume.
Information about declaring a minor is available from the Registrar’s Office.