Academic Services and Support
A comprehensive list of academic support services available for Shippensburg University graduate students.
- Graduate Writing Center: Graduate-level courses require a high level of scholarly writing competency, which can be intimidating at times. Not to fear! Trained writing consultants are waiting to help you with all of your writing needs. The friendly graduate assistants at the GWC are ready to provide support when it comes to brainstorming, planning, organizing, and formatting your writing assignments. They can help with APA and MLA style, citations, content feedback, library research techniques, and understanding assignment expectations. Navigate to their website to learn more and book an appointment, or contact email@example.com with questions.
- Library Services for Graduate Students: The Ezra Lehman Library has a variety of services for graduate students. It is equipped with computers, printers, quiet study areas, meeting rooms for study groups, and more. Librarians can help you find research materials, create citations, and learn how to borrow materials. The Technology Help Desk for Students is also located on the main floor of the library.
- Office of Accessibility Resources: This service helps provide accommodations to students with disabilities.
- Learning Specialists: The learning specialists provide general academic help to all students, and they also specialize in graduate student and non-traditional student resources and help. They work with students to develop study strategies, provide tutoring on topics like research and statistics, work with students on academic probation, provide mentorship, and more.
- Graduate Success Center Director: For other services such as tutoring or help with time management or learning strategies, contact Dr. Karen Johnson to get connected to the appropriate services.
- Academic workshops: Watch out for a series of academic workshops organized by the Graduate Success Center and other support departments on topics such as scholarly writing, library databases and research, APA style, and more. Available online and in-person.