Skip to main content
Jump to Footer

Paying for College

  • Financial aid office: information on applying for aid, grants, loans, scholarships, cost of attendance, and important forms. 
  • Assistantships: Graduate students are encouraged to apply for assistantships that cover the cost of tuition and pay an hourly wage.  
  • Other on-campus jobs: A variety of jobs are available on campus. 
  • Graduate Research Grant: The Graduate School offers grants for graduate student research. This grant can help cover costs related to student research, such as equipment and travel to conferences to present your research.  
  • Shippensburg University Foundation: Apply for SU Foundation grants and scholarships here. The SU Foundation also provides a Student Emergency Fund. Apply for the emergency fund on the same website.
  • PSECU: This credit union has a location in the Ceddia Union Building (CUB). PSECU provides information on financial literacy, student employment, and special incentives for students who sign up for an account. Watch out for some financial literacy workshops that will be presented by PSECU staff.  
  • Federal Financial Aid Appeal Form: Use this form to reinstate your financial aid if there were circumstances that prevented you from making satisfactory progress. You can find instructions for filling out the form here. Please note there are deadlines for submitting this form. The deadline for the fall term is August 1st or the following business day if August 1st is on the weekend. For the spring semester, the appeal must be submitted by January 1st or the following business day. You will also need to write a letter of appeal that explains why you did not make satisfactory progress and what has changed to allow you to progress. For more information on this process, consult the financial aid website