Skip to main content
uniE610
Jump to Footer

Frequently Asked Questions

• Q: What is the dress code for competitors and participants?
    • A: All students are strongly encouraged to dress their pre-professional/smart-casual. When in doubt, we recommend these guidelines: Dress Code - PA FBLA
  • Q: My school has multiple students participating. What do we need to know about traveling to campus.
    • A: Visitor passes and free parking is available for all competitors, participants, and guests. If your school is arranging for bus transportation, please let your SPARK team leader know to arrange bus parking.
  • Q: Is lunch provided to all students, competitors and participants?
    • A: Yes, lunch is free to all registrants including student participants and competitors, school counselors and parents/guardians.  
  • Q: Parents/Guardians are asking me about lunch and travel arrangements. Who should they contact?
    • A: Your SPARK team leader is your best person to help with all questions and needs. If you do not have or do not have a leader assigned to you or your school, please email your request to spark@ship.edu. Please let parents/guardians know that there will be a specialized programs during the day tailored to there interests and needs. 
  • Q: Are teachers and/or school representatives able to register to participate?
    • A: Yes. You are not only able to attend but are encouraged!
  • Q: I am interested in learning more about Shippensburg University. What should I do?

• Q: Is there a cost to participate?
    • A: No.
  • Q: How do I get to Shippensburg University to participate?
    • A: Parents and guardians are encouraged to attend. Check with your school counselor for possible additional options.
  • Q: What is the dress code?
    • A: You are strongly encouraged to dress pre-professional/smart-casual. When in doubt, we recommend these guidelines: Dress Code - PA FBLA
  • Q: Is lunch provided?
    • A: Yes! Lunch will be provided.
  • Q: What will I be doing?
    • SPARK@Ship is an interactive, hands-on day of learning. As a participant, you will experience the full day of activities. For more information, visit the discipline page of most interest to you.
  • Q: Are my parents/guardians/caregivers able to register to participate?
    • A: Yes. They may attend and register for a special program designed just for them, as well as enjoy lunch.
  • Q: I am interested in learning more about Shippensburg University. What should I do?
  • Q: Is there a cost to compete?
    • A: No, you are welcome to attend and enjoy lunch as our guest.
  • Q: My student is participating in SPARK@Ship, may I attend?
    • A: Of course! We will have a special 90-minute program designed just for you during the competition. 
  • Q: I am interested in learning more about Shippensburg University. What should I do?