Student Temporary Housing Policy
Shippensburg University temporary housing accommodations are available for short-term or long-term use. Shippensburg University maintains a limited number of housing units available for rent for students on a temporary basis. The units are traditional residence hall rooms. There is a $5 per night fee for any student staying temporarily in housing. Although these accommodations can be made for long term use, it is not meant to be for a lasting period of time and/or permanent.
Procedures for Temporary Student Housing
- Students can inquire about temporary housing via webform (Student Temporary Housing form).
- Housing and Residence Life will provide confirmation of temporary housing availability to the student upon review of the Student Temporary Housing form.
- Housing and Residence Life will work directly with the student to coordinate temporary housing accommodations.
- In cases where a new employee arrives on a weekend to check into temporary housing, Housing and Residence Life will work with Public Safety to distribute the key, ID card, and parking pass for the student.
- Special accommodations may be made between Housing and Residence Life and the department/division.
- The student will need to sign the Guest Housing Policy lease agreement (attached).
- All guests should leave items provided in the room upon checkout. The cost to replace a key in a McLean or Mowrey Hall room is $40.