Being a member of the Shippensburg University community means that you are neighbors with a variety of individuals; both on and off-campus. Being a Raider Neighbor means that you develop positive relationships with the local community and your on-campus Ship family. As you socialize in the off-campus community with your fellow Raider Neighbors, we remind you to be aware of the local Shippensburg Township ordinances on social gatherings. These are always important.
Summary of Shippensburg Township Ordinances on Social Gatherings
- It is unlawful to host public gatherings in the township unless done in compliance with ordinance(s).
- Lawful gatherings must not exceed 20 persons.
- Gatherings are prohibited in front and side yards and must be confined to rear yards.
- Drinking games, beverage dispensing, and mass storage of alcohol are prohibited.
- The playing of loud music is prohibited.
- Disorderly crowds are not permitted & no crowds are permitted which are gathering for unlawful purposes.
- It is unlawful to be intoxicated on a street, highway, sidewalk, or public place in the township.
- Assault, battery, fighting, and starting fights is unlawful.
- Public gatherings must be terminated by 11:00 pm and no one is permitted to remain on premises between midnight and 6:00 am.
- Violations of the ordinance(s) will be enforced by Pennsylvania State Police.
- Violations are considered summary offenses in the criminal court.
- Sentencing will include a fine of not more than $1,000 (not including court costs).
- Failure to pay fines and court costs could result in imprisonment in accordance with appropriate law.