HEIGES FIELD HOUSE POOL
*Heiges Field House continues to be without
hot water for showers. Stay tuned for updates.
MON 9/25 - WED 9/27: 11AM - 1PM & 6PM - 9PM
THURS 9/28: 11AM - 1PM & 6PM - 8PM
FRI 9/29 - SUN 10/1: CLOSED
MON 10/2: 11AM - 1PM & 6PM - 9PM
TUE 10/3: 11AM - 1PM
WED 10/4: 11AM - 1PM & 6PM - 9PM
THURS 10/5: 11AM - 1PM & 7PM - 8PM
FRI 10/6 - SUN 10/8: CLOSED
MON 10/9 & TUE 10/10: 11AM - 1PM & 6PM - 9PM
WED 10/11: CLOSED (Varsity Swim Meet)
THURS 10/12: 11AM - 1PM & 7PM - 8PM
FRI 10/13 - TUE 10/17: CLOSED FOR FALL BREAK
ACCESS INFORMATION :
- Undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, staff, faculty/staff dependents, retirees, and alumni are eligible for pool access.
- Non-affiliated guests are not permitted access.
- Presentation of SU ID or an SU Rec Card is required.
- Alumni and retirees should email email@example.com for status verification prior to facility access if SU ID is not available. A Rec Card will be distributed to these individuals for access.
- SU Faculty/Staff dependents, as defined by the SU Office of Human Resources, may access HFH pool and outdoor recreational facilities and are required to have an SU RecCard. Dependents under 11 years of age require direct supervision by the F/S member and are not eligible for a RecCard. This policy shall apply to retired faculty and staff, as defined by Human Resources.
- Alumni, as defined by the Office of Alumni Relations, may be issued an SU RecCard. SU RecCards are not available to alumni dependents.
- The SU RecCard entitles the owner to access Heiges Field House swimming pool and outdoor recreational facilities. Outdoor facilities include the Student Recreation Complex (SRC), tennis courts, and Seth Grove Stadium track. The RecCard is not valid for access to ShipRec, varsity athletic practice or competition venues. Tennis courts and SGS track are unavailable for recreational use during varsity athletic practice and events.
- Administrative staff will also provide a parking decal for individuals receiving a RecCard.
- Alumni needing a campus parking pass should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 25- yard facility located on the first floor of Heiges Field House.
- Open swim hours are recorded on the Rec Hotline: 717-477-1561 (#1)
Weather Policy: The National Lightning Safety Institute (NLSI) provides recommendations for aquatic safety in the case of lightning. The indoor swimming facility is grounded for protection against lightning, however, all swimmers are removed from the swimming pool as a safety precaution. Pool hours may be impacted as well during storm situations so please call the Rec Hotline to verify hours.
- Children under 10 must be supervised by an adult. Adult supervision should be supplied for any child over 10 who is not a competent swimmer.
- Swimmer Attire: Appropriate manufactured swimming apparel is required for all patrons in the pool area. Clothing such as street clothes, street shoes, cut-offs, thongs, and underwear are prohibited. Swimwear should not have been worn for exercising immediately prior to pool use as soiled clothing can create an unhealthy swimming environment. Large or loose jewelry is not permitted. Lifeguards must approve of any questionable jewelry.
- All swimmers must enter and leave the swimming pool area through the locker room. Lobby entrances to the pool should remain locked to encourage this entry procedure.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- All swimmers must sign in and sign out.
- No running or horseplay at any time.
- Diving, entering the water head first, is not permitted.
- Lifeguard has discretion on all equipment use.
- No food or beverages permitted.