Supply Chain Analytics, MS
The 30-credit Master of Science in Supply Chain Analytics will serve those working professionals in supply chain who want to optimize their supply chains through the use of “big data” and analytics. The program is 100% online to accommodate working professionals.
Get more info
What Will I Learn?
The program combines the analytical decision-making tools used in supply chain with the data analytic tools used to analyze big data to form a supply chain analytics program. Graduates are prepared to stand out in this growing field.
Put data to work
- You will gain the capability of analyzing data to determine trends, forecast, and analyze performance yet also have the skills available to aide in decision making.
- You will learn descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytical techniques.
What Types of Careers Could I Get With This Degree?
Supply chain analytics is growing in importance as managers are learning to use analytics to drive improved supply chain performance and 66% of them say advanced supply chain analytics are critically important to their supply chain operations in the next 2 to 3 years. The importance of supply chain analytics is further exemplified through the continued growth in job opportunities for analysts. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the number of job openings for Operations Research Analysts will increase by 27% and Logistics Analysts will increase by 7% in the next 10 years.
- Transportation and logistics
The Supply Chain Analytics masters is comprised of 30 credits of coursework. The following eight courses (24 credits) are required:
- MBA 506 - Data Mining for Predictive Analytics I Credits: 3
- MBA 507 - Data Mining for Predictive Analytics II Credits: 3
- MBA 565 - Contemporary Decision Making Credits: 3
- SCM 515 - Procurement Management Credits: 3
- SCM 555 - Supply Chain Quality Management Credits: 3
- SCM 592 - Simulation Models for Supply Chain Design Credits: 3
- SCM 595 - Demand Management Credits: 3
- SCM 598 - Corporate Applications of Supply Chain Analytics Credits: 3
Two elective courses (6 credits) are also required. The courses are selected from the following:
- MBA 533 - Business Operations and Logistics Planning Credits: 3
- MBA 575 - Global Supply Chain Management Credits: 3
- MBA 577 - Supply Chain Management Credits: 3
- SCM 510 - Logistics and Transportation Management Credits: 3
- SCM 570 - Supply Chain Management Theory and Practice Credits: 3
- SCM 590 - Warehousing and Distribution Management Credits: 3