The Office of Accessibility Resources at Shippensburg University uses a web-based services platform called Accommodate to provide services to registered students with accommodations. Access to this system is available to all students who are registered with our office.
Current students registered with the Office of Accessibility Resources can access Accommodate at https://ship-accommodate.symplicity.com/. Add Accommodate to the home screen of your smart phone, iPad, or tablet for mobile-friendly access at your fingertips.
Accommodate allows students to:
- Maintain 24-hour access to approved accommodations
- Request supplemental accommodations, as needed
- Complete a semester request each semester to ensure the continuation of accommodations
- View, save, and print an accommodation letter to provide to professors
- For those students approved for testing accommodations, schedule an exam appointment
- For those students approved for note-taking services, online access to notes
- View documentation and/or important releases signed
- Access helpful resources to assist with academic success
- Request an appointment with an OAR staff member
If you are an incoming or current student who is not yet registered with our office but would like to request accommodations, please complete an Accommodation Request Form.
For assistance with instructions and how to navigate Accommodate, please refer to Student Guide for Accommodate.
A Semester Request is an important task that all students registered with the Office of Accessibility Resources must complete each semester after registering with the office for services. The request confirms to the Office of Accessibility Resources that the student would like to continue their accommodations and that they would like to apply those accommodations to their current semester’s courses.
It is the student's responsibility to complete a Semester Request each semester they are enrolled at Shippensburg University, so as to utilize accommodations that may contribute toward the student's academic success. The Office of Accessibility Resources will not be held responsible for the student's failure to complete a Semester Request in a timely manner.
- Log in to Accommodate at https://ship-accommodate.symplicity.com/.
- Click on the Accommodate tab in the sidebar and then select Semester Request from the sub-menu.
- Click the Add New
- From the Semester drop-down menu, select the semester for which you are renewing your accommodations. The page will reload and you should see your course schedule. If your course schedule does not appear, please revisit this page to complete the request when it is available.
- Select Submit for All Accommodations or Review the Renewal.
- If you select Submit for All Accommodations, you are requesting by default that all of your approved accommodations will be applied to all of your courses.
- If you select Review the Renewal, you can review your approved accommodations and selectively apply them to only the classes for which they are needed. If you know a particular accommodation will not be necessary for one or more of your courses, you can opt out by unchecking the box to the left of the course(s) for which you do not want to request the accommodation. Complete this process for each accommodation listed.
- If you add or drop any courses AFTER you have completed a Semester Request, please notify OAR immediately.
If you need assistance with or have questions regarding the completion of a Semester Request, please reach out to the Office of Accessibility Resources at your earliest convenience.