Writing tutoring for Summer Term begins on May 16
The Learning Center offers course-based tutoring for most general education courses, as well as many upper-level courses. All of the Learning Center’s student tutors are trained and dedicated to helping students achieve their learning goals. In a course-based tutoring session you can expect to:
- Review and share information collaboratively in an open environment
- Learn new study methods and strategies
- Improve your understanding by listening to different perspectives
Who Are Our Tutors?
Tutors at the Learning Center include both undergraduate and graduate students who maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average. Our tutors are highly trained and capable of helping students achieve their learning goals.
What Do I Need to Bring?
Bring any materials that will make the session productive. Materials might include
|Your textbook(s)||Class syllabus|
|Past and current assignments||Essay prompts|
|Class notes||Highlighters, pens, pencils|
Be Prepared For Your Tutoring Session
- Identify specific learning goals for your session before the appointment
- Attempt to complete homework before meeting with a tutor
- Attend class regularly
- Complete all assigned course readings
- Arrive on time for your appointment
Please keep in mind that:
- Students are limited to 2 tutor sessions per subject, per week
- Students cannot schedule back-to-back appointments for the same subject
- Students should be an active participant in the tutoring session
Attending an Appointment
Tutoring appointments for Fall 2021 will occur in person. However, if you cannot attend in person, you have the option to join the Zoom link embedded in your appointment confirmation. To use Zoom, you will need internet access and a computer equipped with a camera and microphone. For instructions on how to use Zoom, please click here.
If you do not have the proper equipment for Zoom, please visit the technology resources page. If you cannot attend in person, please be sure to have the appropriate technology by the time of your appointment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have concerns about attending a tutoring appointment.
Contact the Learning CenterStudent Success Center, Mowrey Hall, 1871 Old Main Drive, Shippensburg, PA 17257 Phone: 717-477-1420 email@example.com
Open Monday–Thursday 10am–9pm, Friday 10am-4pm, and Sunday 5pm–9pm