History & Philosophy Programs Offered
Shippensburg University’s History and Philosophy Department offers a number of academic program options at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Undergraduate offerings include minors and Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Education degree programs. There are several concentrations available in the Master of Arts in Applied History program as well as a dual degree program where graduate students may earn a Master’s in Applied History from Ship and a Master’s in Library and Information Sciences from Clarion University.
Students pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in History can pursue an accelerated Master of Arts in Applied History through the 4+1 B.A./M.A. program.
Additionally, the Teacher Education Department also offers a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with a Secondary History Concentration.
- History, B.A.
- History, American History Concentration, B.A.
- History, Asian & Middle Eastern History Concentration, B.A.
- History, Comprehensive Social Studies, B.S.Ed.
- History, European History Concentration, B.A.
- History, Public History Concentration, B.A.
- History Minor
- Philosophy Minor
- Applied History, M.A.
- Applied History, Local and Community History Concentration, M.A.
- Applied History, Historic Preservation & Cultural Resource Management Concentration, M.A.
- Applied History, Museum Studies Concentration, M.A.
- Applied History and Library Science, M.A./M.S.L.S.
- Curriculum and Instruction, Secondary History Concentration, M.Ed.
- Applied History M.A.
- C&I Masters Program
- Thesis Instruction
- Thesis Registration Policy
- Applied History Graduate Internship Checklist
- Applied History Graduate Internship Syllabus
- Shippensburg University School of Graduate Studies Thesis Application Form
- History/Philosophy Department Thesis Requirements and Registration Policy
- Applied History 4+1