Skip to main content
Jump to Footer

Student Resources

College of Arts & Sciences Student Forms

You will need Adobe Acrobat to view and print PDF files. You can download Acrobat free from Adobe's website.

For additional student forms, see the Registrar's Office webpage under Forms.

Frequently Asked Questions

Program Progress

  • How do I know if I am on track toward graduation?  
    • You should consult your academic advisor. Print out your academic record and your program checklist (see "Academics" and then "Resources" on the Ship website for the Academic Planning Guide, which contains all the major advising guides).
  • How do I withdraw from a class?
    • You can withdraw from a class (most of the time) online through Banner.  If you are a first-year student, you will not be able to withdraw online.  You must come in person to the dean's office.  (It is highly recommended NOT to withdraw from required classes--HCS 100, HIS 105/106, or ENG 160, as well as from developmental classes.  See the catalog on p. 21 for more information.)
    • Also, you MAY NOT withdraw from a class after the deadline (see the Registrar's page for current semester information and important deadlines).
    • If you have a valid medical reason to withdraw after the deadline, you must contact the dean's office and have documentation from a licensed professional.  The withdrawal must be for ALL CLASSES, and the request and documentation must come BEFORE CLASSES end for the current semester.  No retroactive withdrawals can be honored once classes are over.

Withdrawal from the University

  • How do I withdraw from the University?
    • To withdraw from the University, students must come to the office of the College of Arts and Sciences (Dauphin, Room 225) to fill out the necessary paperwork.

Leave of Absence/Absence from Class

  • What is the difference between a Leave of Absence and an Absence from Class?
    • Leave of Absence is taking a semester off, up to a year. Absence from Class is an absence if you are sick or going to miss a couple days.
  • How do I take a Leave of Absence?
    • (See Withdrawal from the University, above)
  • What do I do if I must be absent for more than a class or two?
    • Contact the College of Arts and Sciences at 477-1151 if you must be absent from all of your classes for an extended period.  Provide documentation to our office.  We will notify faculty.  It is still your responsibility to work with faculty to make up allowed work.  See the faculty member's syllabus for attendance policies.

Change of Major and/or Minor

  • How do I declare or change a Major or Minor?  

Satisfactory-Unsatisfactory (Pass/Fail) Option

  • What is the Satisfactory-Unsatisfactory (Pass/Fail) Option?
    • The grades S and U are used for courses which are taken under the satisfactory-unsatisfactory option.  If you have have completed at one academic year (30 semester hours) at Shippensburg University and are maintaining a cumulative QPA  of 2.5 or better, you may schedule up to a maximum of three credits (or one four credit course) per semester under the satisfactory-unsatisfactory option.

      Under this option, grades from satisfactory-unsatisfactory courses will not be used in determining the cumulative grade point average.

      If you receive grades of "C" or better, an "S" will be recorded on your transcript and credits will be counted toward graduation.  However, grades of "D" or "F" will result in a "U" and no credit will be given.

      Courses required by your major or minor may not be taken under this option.

      You may not schedule the five required general education courses under this option (ENG 101, HCS 100, HIS 105, or HIS 106)

  • When is the deadline for choosing the Satisfactory-Unsatisfactory (Pass/Fail) Option?
    • Only during the first two weeks of the semester (14 calendar days), will you be permitted to choose this option. No changes will be made after this deadline.
Contact the College of Arts & Sciences 225 Dauphin Humanities Center 1871 Old Main Drive Shippensburg, PA 17257 Phone: 717-477-1151 Fax: (717) 477-4026