Emergency Student Funding
CRRSA Act - 2021
Starting March 1, 2021, Shippensburg University students can apply for emergency aid through the HEERF II funds awarded to Shippensburg University as part of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA).
Shippensburg University CRRSAA HEERF II
Administration and Funds Disbursement
The CRRSAA: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) is federal legislation that provides financial support to individuals and organizations affected by the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) pandemic.
Unlike the Cares Act HEERF I funds, HEERF II awards do not have to relate to the disruption of campus operations due to Coronavirus, but the school is required to prioritize students with exceptional need. Any application process or policies and procedures that you have need to meet this singular goal.
Institutions should carefully document how they prioritize students with exceptional need in distributing financial aid grants to students, as the Department intends to establish reporting requirements regarding the distribution of financial aid grants to students consistent with section 314(e) of CRRSAA.
In order to verify student eligibility, students must:
- FAFSA on file
- graduate or undergraduate student
- degree seeking
- enrolled in the semester for which aid is requested or disbursed
- making satisfactory academic progress (SAP)
Students who are not eligible include:
- International students
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) students
- students in default
- students not making satisfactory academic progress (SAP)
- Ship Start students (high school students taking classes at a reduced rate)
- Senior Citizen students
We have $2,718,100 for students through HEERF II:
- RANGE 1 - 0 EFC = $1800 - 569 eligible for $1,024,200
- RANGE 2 - EFC 1-5711 = $1600 - 654 eligible for $1,046,400
- RANGE 3 - EFC 5712-12000 = $1400 - 151 eligible for $211,400
- RANGE 4 - EFC 12001-15000 = $1200 - 53 eligible for $63,600
The remaining $372,500 funding will be awarded through a SLATE application and committee review.