COVID-19 Emergency Student Funding
ARP: American Rescue Plan / HEERF III 2021-22
The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III) is authorized by the American Rescue Plan (ARP), United States Public Law 117-2, signed into law on March 11, 2021, providing $39.6 billion in support to institutions of higher education to serve students and ensure learning continues during the COVID-19 pandemic.
ARP funds were authorized in addition to funds awarded through the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260 and the Coronavirus Aid, Recovery, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Public Law 116-136.
SHIPPENSBURG UNIVERSITY STUDENT AID:
Shippensburg University received $7,466,136 in HEERF III funding for emergency student aid.
(Additional HEERF III funds were awarded to the university to defray expenses associated with COVID-19, including lost revenue. A link to the quarterly report on the use of institutional aid appears below the report on emergency aid to students.)
In order to verify eligibility for HEERF III emergency aid, SU students are required to:
- have a FAFSA on file
- be an undergraduate student
- be degree seeking
- be enrolled in the semester for which aid is requested or disbursed
- make satisfactory academic progress (SAP)
- be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant in the semester for which aid is requested or disbursed
Students who are not eligible include:
- International students
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) students
- students in default
- students not making satisfactory academic progress (SAP)
- Ship Start students (high school students taking classes at a reduced rate)
- Senior Citizen students
Shippensburg University was awarded $7,466,136 for students through HEERF III :
- RANGE 1: 1-6 credits = $500 X 45 eligible = $22,500
- RANGE 2: 7-12 credits = $1,500 X 373 eligible = $559,500
- RANGE 3: 13 or more credits = $2,000 X 1,099 eligible = $2,198,000
The remaining $4,686,136 will be awarded upon application and committee review and a Spring 2022 issuance based on Pell eligibility.
DISTRIBUTION OF FUNDS
The total amount of funding that Shippensburg University received under the student portion of the ARP/HEERF III was $7,466,136.
- As of October 7, 2021, the total amount that has been distributed to students : $2,780,000.
- The number of eligible students who received aid was 1,517.