Shippensburg University ranks among US News and World Report's Best Colleges
Shippensburg University (SU) has been named to the Best Colleges list published by U.S. News & World Report.
In the 2020 rankings, SU is ranked 100th in the Best Regional Universities in the North. The university was also ranked 27th on the Top Public Schools in the North list. Additionally, the report recognizes strategic growth for the university in core areas.
- Students in the top 25% of their high school classes who choose SU increased by 2%.
- SAT scores for incoming first-year students increased up to 30 points.
- Student/Faculty Ratio decreased from 19:1 to 18:1
- Graduation Rate exceeds the predicted rate by 3%.
- Classes with fewer than 20 students increased 8%.
- Classes with 50 or more students decreased by 1%, comprising 2% of total classes offered.
According to U.S. News & World Report, the magazine’s ranking model uses “only thoroughly vetted academic data from our surveys and reliable third-party sources [when calculating] each ranking factor.”
“We are delighted that Shippensburg University’s excellence is recognized in the U.S. News ranking model,” commented President Laurie A. Carter. “Although rankings cannot fully capture educational experiences and opportunities, the university’s demonstrated growth is a testament to the dedicated efforts of our faculty and staff to provide an unparalleled educational journey.”
“It is rewarding to see Shippensburg University earn national prominence,” added Tom C. Ormond, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. “Our growth in the national ranking landscape reflects the dedication of our outstanding faculty and the University’s deepening commitment to excellence and access. We are proud that an increasing number of top-performing high school students recognize our passion and choose Ship for advancing their academic and personal growth.”