Forms and Policies
ADA-related policies and grievance procedures can be found at
- Administrative departments (Admissions, Institutional Research, Financial Aid, etc.) may have a need to collect information on the number of students with disabilities enrolled, accommodations offered, and the activities of the Office of Accessibility Resources. In such cases, personal identifiers are removed.
- Professional and student employees are informed verbally and in writing that matters pertaining to the functions of the Office of Accessibility Resources are confidential and that violation of confidentiality can result in termination of their employment. This includes documentation supporting a student's need for accommodations. Interns and student employees sign a standard confidentiality statement indicating that they have been informed of the confidential nature of the functions of the office.
- Student Files: Student files are kept in a locked file room. Files in use by the director are kept face down on the desk when not in use. All files are returned at the end of the day to a locked file cabinet.
The files are maintained for the sole purpose of meeting the accommodation needs of the students who have registered with the office. The information does not become a part of the student's official university file. The student receiving services has the right to review and/or close their file at any time.
- Phone Contact: The door to the director's office is closed during phone calls where confidential information is discussed. If parents contact the office, the student's file is pulled to verify a Release of Information Form has been signed by the student before discussing confidential information.
- Accommodate: Only the office Director, Assistant Director, and Secretary have access to the Accommodate manager login. Members of the Shippensburg University IT team have limited access for the purpose of providing technology support.
- Employee Files: Files on employees registered with the Office of Accessibility Resources are kept separate from student files and are located in a locked desk drawer in the Director's desk. Student employees and interns do not have access to any employee files. Files in use by the director are kept face down on the desk. Files are returned immediately to the locked desk drawer when not in use.