The Learning Center
Peer tutoring will begin Feb. 10
All appointments are currently taking place through Zoom
The Learning Center is the university's primary academic resource center and is available to all Ship students. Our goal at the Learning Center is to help students develop skills and strategies that will enable them to become independent, active learners.
We provide a variety of tutoring services. We can help you study for an exam, learn better study skills, or improve your writing skills. Our tutors are well-trained and know how to help you succeed. Whether you feel you need extra help or just want to extend your learning in a social environment, the Learning Center can help. Would you like to meet our staff?
- Course-based tutoring for most general education courses and many upper-level courses
- Writing tutoring for writers across all disciplines, at any stage of the writing process
- Learning Specialist support for study tools and strategies to fulfill your academic goals
- Writing Specialist support for long-term writing development
- Academic Improvement (AIM) plan for students on academic probation
- Charting Your Success (CYS) program for students who have been academically dismissed.
To schedule a tutoring appointment via Zoom, visit the Student Success Collaborative (SSC), and follow these instructions. Once you confirm you appointment, check your Ship email for a confirmation email with the Zoom link.
If you do not find a tutor for your specific course, please contact Zack Grabosky, Tutor Coordinator, at email@example.com.
If you have trouble scheduling, please call 717-477-1420 or stop by the Learning Center reception desk, right inside the front doors of Mowrey Hall.
In an effort to serve all students, we ask that you please do not schedule back-to-back appointments for the same service. We encourage distributed learning, which involves study sessions of relatively short duration (1-hour or less) over a period of time.
To view our workshop schedule for Spring 2021, please visit the Workshops tab.
We would love to hear from you!