International Studies Club
~ International Studies Club preparing to learn how to make sushi from local food vendor Sushi Do.
Our goal is to immerse students in various global issues and cultures through meetings, participating in international events, listening to speakers, watching foreign films, encouraging language exchange, and volunteering and raising money for different causes and organizations. Our activities include Club sponsored events –Monthly Newsletters- Social Media reach out- Foreign-Exchange Socials - Co-sponsored events with different clubs and organizations - Volunteering for local events that concern global issues and those that introduce an individual to new cultures - Discussions about local and international problems and their relations to globalization!
The International Studies Club has hosted many different events such as:
- Sushi Making with Sushi Do
- Local Shippensburg University vendors Sushi Do took time to show attendees of the event how to make their own sushi.
- International Holiday Celebrations such as Chinese New Year
- The IS Club hosts many International holiday celebration events such as Chinese New Year every semester. If you have an idea for a celebration that you would like to see happen please stop by one of the meetings!
International Food Potlucks
- The IS Club partnering with the International Students Organization hosts an annual potluck that is focused around food found around the globe.
Meet the Officers:
President: Sophia Severson
Treasurer: Ciara Resnick
Secretary: Samantha Smith
Newsletter Editor: Alex Torchio
Where Do We Meet?
The club meets Tuesdays in CUB 105 at 3:30 pm
Follow Us on Instagram!
Follow the adventures abroad of Shippensburg students on Instagram: @shiptravels
- Contact Us
- IS Major
- IS Minor
- International Development Minor
- Peace Corps Prep
- Area Studies Certificates
- Course Offerings
- Get Involved!
- Archived Events
- Study Abroad Programs
- Internships (INT390)
- Student Scholarships
- Graduate School
- International Education Council Faculty
- Academic Associations
- Faculty Fellowships and Development