Web-Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE)
ATTENTION: Veterans receiving Chapter 30, 1606, & 1607 MGIB benefits can use WAVE to submit monthly verifications.
Why should I use WAVE?
- WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment) is available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
- You can check on the status of your record, and report changes to your enrollment directly to VA.
- WAVE is the only system available to students Worldwide.
How do I use WAVE?
- Go to https://www.gibill.va.gov
- Follow the login instructions.
- The best day to verify is the last day of the month, even if it is a Saturday or Sunday.
What else can I do on WAVE?
- Has my request for benefits been processed?
Click on Benefit Status Information to see if the VA has updated your record to show your current enrollment. If you've received benefits in a previous semester, your record will display on WAVE.
- Has my monthly verification "hit?"
You can see if your verification has been processed, including changes to your enrollment. Be sure to allow two business days for processing "no-change" verifications. It is not a "real time" system. Changes to your enrollment will take longer.
- Can I start or change my direct deposit?
You can use WAVE to submit your direct deposit information. The information is sent to our Direct Deposit Center for processing.
- Can I change my mailing address?
You are encouraged to keep you mailing address at the VA correct by changing it on WAVE.
- Can VA send me a reminder to do my monthly verification?
If you choose, WAVE will e-mail you a reminder to verify at the first of the month and again mid-month if you still need to verify. WAVE can also send you your password if you forget it.
- Can I still use the phone for monthly verifications?
Yes, just dial 1-877-823-2378 and follow the instructions. However, for any changes to enrollment, you must use the WAVE System.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.