Don't leave money on the table!
Fill out the FAFSA to receive the financial support you deserve.
Scroll down for a step-by-step instruction on applying for aid.
For PA residents, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by May 1st to meet the Pennsylvania State Grant deadline.
After being accepted to Shippensburg, go to the admissions portal to activate your account. Once we receive your 24-25 FAFSA, you can follow these instructions to view your financial aid offer or see if you have any missing documents we need to process your aid.
When your aid is ready to view, you will receive an email that indicates your aid offer is ready to view on your myShip portal.
New Students Financial Aid Checklist
I: Applying For Financial Aid (2024-2025)
- New applicants (parents, students, and borrowers) should start at Create Account | Federal Student Aid to create an FSA User ID and Password. Returning users may Log In | Federal Student Aid Your User ID and password are required to submit your FAFSA every year.
- Complete the 2024-2025 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at FAFSA® Application | Federal Student Aid when available. The SU Title IV School Code is 003326 and should be listed first for State Grant consideration. Submit your on-line FAFSA no later than May 1st to meet the PA State Grant deadline. Make sure you complete your PA State Grant application at PHEAA.org or by calling 1-800-692-7392.
- For SU Foundation Scholarship application and information please go to the following link: SU Foundation Scholarships
- For information regarding 2023-2024 PASSHE Foundation Scholarships, please visit the following link: PASSHE Foundation Scholarships. For the school year 24-25, PASSHE Foundation Scholarship Applications are not available yet.
II: Your 24-25 Financial Aid Offer
4. Students should follow the log in instructions at ship.edu/ss/ for your status and downloadable forms. Create your account and upload your requested documents as soon as possible.
- You must review your Financial Aid; you must accept or decline your Federal Student Loans on the myShip Portal, available within the next few months.
III: Finalizing Your Financial Aid
6. Students choosing to borrow a Federal Direct Loan must complete the following:
- Entrance Counseling | Federal Student Aid
- Completing a Master Promissory Note (MPN) | Federal Student Aid
- Parents choosing to borrow a Federal Direct Parent PLUS loan must complete the PLUS Request application and MPN on the Department of Education's website after April 15, 2024, at Apply for a Direct PLUS Loan as a Parent | Federal Student Aid
Ask The Experts:
Financial Aid Questions: Billing/Payment Questions: