Apply for Aid Now!
FILL OUT THE FAFSA. We encourage you to fill it out AS SOON AS POSSIBLE on or after Oct. 1st.
APPLY NOW for and search SU Foundation Scholarships at: https://ship.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com
Different types of students have different types of financial aid processes. What works for another student might not work for you. If the application process seems difficult, don't worry — the expert financial aid staff at Shippensburg is here to help you.
After October 1st, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which should be submitted online by March 31 to meet the Pennsylvania State Grant (PHEAA) deadline of May 1st.
After being accepted to Shippensburg, you can go to the admissions portal to activate your account. Once your account is activated, you can follow these instructions to view your financial aid offer or see if you have any missing documents we need to process your aid.
When your aid is ready to view, you will receive an email that indicates your aid offer is ready to view on your MyShip portal. We generally start sending out aid notification emails to new students in mid to late February.
New Students Financial Aid Checklist
I: Applying for Financial Aid
- Apply for an FSA User ID and Password for both student and parent at
https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/sign-in/landing. This User ID and password are required to submit your FAFSA every year.
- After October 1, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.gov. The Shippensburg University Title IV School Code is 003326 and should be listed first for State Grant consideration. Submit your online FAFSA no later than May 1 to meet the PHEAA (PA State Grant) deadline. Make sure you complete your PHEAA application at www.PHEAA.org or by calling 1-800-692-7392.
- Use already completed tax information to complete your FAFSA. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to link your taxes to your FAFSA.
II: Your Financial Aid Offer
- You should follow the log in instructions at www.ship.edu/ss/ for your status and downloadable forms. Submit any requested documentation to the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible.
- You must review your Financial Aid Offer, and then accept or decline your Federal Student Loans on the myShip Portal.
III: Finalizing Your Financial Aid
- Students choosing to borrow a Federal Direct Loan must complete the following:
- Parents choosing to borrow a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan must complete the PLUS Request application and eMPN on the Department of Education's website available April 15th at https://studentaid.gov
- Fill out the FAFSA. We encourage you to fill it out as soon as possible on or after Oct. 1 to meet FAFSA deadlines.
- Apply for and search SU Foundation Scholarships at: https://ship.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com
- Complete your FAFSA for Ship! FAFSAs submitted after this date may impact scholarship and Pennsylvania State Grant (PHEAA) eligibility.
Late January – May
- Check SU emails for important announcements and requests for information.
- Complete all document requests. Aid offers will be made available for New Students after all documents are processed.
- Accept Loans and complete MPN and Entrance Counseling.
February – August
- Accept your Ship Foundation Scholarships & complete the Scholarship agreement.
- Deadline for filing FAFSA for Pennsylvania State Grant (PHEAA) applications.
- National Confirmation Deadline – Pay your Admissions Confirmation Fee.
May – June
- Apply for Parent Plus Loans.
- Apply for Alternative Educational Loans.
June – August
- Update your PA State Grant application to list Shippensburg as your first school of choice.
- Complete your Admissions Checklist Items.
- Final High School Transcript is due.