Apply for aid today!
- Don’t leave money on the table… fill out the FAFSA to receive the financial support you deserve. Priority deadline is March 15, 2023.
- Visit studentaid.gov to learn more!.
Explore the many SU Foundation Scholarships
Different types of students have different types of financial aid processes. What works for another student might not work for you.
Scroll down for a checklist of what you need to do... and don't worry if the application process seems difficult. Our expert financial aid staff are here to help by phone at 717-477-1131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 15 to meet the Pennsylvania State Grant deadline of May 1st.
After being accepted to Shippensburg, go to the admissions portal to activate your account. Once your account is activated, you can follow these instructions to view your financial aid offer or see if you have any missing documents we need to process your aid.
When your aid is ready to view, you will receive an email that indicates your aid offer is ready to view on your myShip portal. We generally start sending out aid notification emails to new students late December.
New Students Financial Aid Checklist
I: Applying For Financial Aid
- New applicants (parents, students, and borrowers) should start at Create Account | Federal Student Aid to create a FSA User ID and Password. Returning users may Log In | Federal Student Aid Your User ID and password are required to submit your FAFSA every year.
- After October 1st, complete the 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at FAFSA® Application | Federal Student Aid . The SU Title IV School Code is 003326 and should be listed first for State Grant consideration. Submit your on-line FAFSA no later than May 1st to meet the PA State Grant deadline. Make sure you complete your PA State Grant application at PHEAA.org or by calling 1-800-692-7392.
- Use already completed 2021 tax information to complete your FAFSA. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to link your 2021 taxes to your FAFSA.
- For Scholarship application and information please go to the following link: ship.edu/financial_aid/scholarships/
II: Your Financial Aid Offer
- Students should follow the log in instructions at ship.edu/ss/ for your status and downloadable forms. Create your account and upload your requested documents as soon as possible.
- You must review your Financial Aid; you must accept or decline your Federal Student Loans and scholarships on the myShip Portal.
III: Finalizing Your Financial Aid
- Students choosing to borrow a Federal Direct Loan must complete the following:
- Parents choosing to borrow a Federal Direct Parent PLUS loan must complete the PLUS Request application and eMPN on the Department of Education's website after April 15th at Apply for a Direct PLUS Loan as a Parent | Federal Student Aid
Ask The Experts:
Financial Aid Questions: Billing/Payment Questions:
- Fill out the FAFSA. We encourage you to fill it out as soon as possible on or after Oct. 1 to meet FAFSA deadlines.
- Apply for and search SU Foundation Scholarships at: https://ship.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com
- Complete your FAFSA for Ship! FAFSAs submitted after this date may impact scholarship and Pennsylvania State Grant eligibility.
Late January – May
- Check SU emails for important announcements and requests for information.
- Complete all document requests. Aid offers will be made available for New Students after all documents are processed.
- Accept Loans and complete MPN and Entrance Counseling.
February – August
- Accept your Ship Foundation Scholarships & complete the Scholarship agreement.
- Deadline for filing FAFSA for Pennsylvania State Grant applications.
- National Confirmation Deadline – Pay your Admissions Confirmation Fee.
May – June
- Apply for Parent Plus Loans.
- Apply for Alternative Educational Loans.
June – August
- Update your PA State Grant application to list Shippensburg as your first school of choice.
- Complete your Admissions Checklist Items.
- Final High School Transcript is due.