Skip to main content
Jump to Footer

Study Abroad Financial Aid

Students studying abroad for a semester are eligible to receive most types of federal financial aid as they would during a normal semester at Shippensburg (including Federal Pell Grants). Please note that you will need to check with the Office of Financial Aid to determine if any Shippensburg University scholarships you are receiving can be used for your particular study abroad program. Federal Work Study cannot be used during Study Abroad terms, and your eligibility for a PA state grant will be reviewed based on actual cost of tuition and fees and term length provided by the study abroad host institution.

You will need to complete the following required financial aid forms when you apply to study abroad:

  • FAFSA (For example, 21-22 FAFSA for fall 2021 study abroad semester).
  • MPN and Entrance Counseling for new Federal Direct Loan borrowers if you are a new borrower. Visit to complete these two requirements.
  • Consortium Agreement paperwork. Call 717-477-1131 to schedule an appointment with the Study Abroad representative in the Financial Aid Office to complete these forms.
  • Any additional paperwork requested by the Financial Aid Office.

A variety of additional financial aid options are available for when you study abroad.

Contact the Financial Aid Office 101 Old Main, 1871 Old Main Drive, Shippensburg, PA 17257 Phone: 717-477-1131 Fax: (717) 477-4028
Fall & Spring Terms: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM / Summer & Winter Terms: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM