File storage for students and employees
Ship students and employees have access to network file storage for business and academic-related data files. Network file storage is a safe, convenient, and secure place to store both your department files and personal files.
The S: Drive provides access to department files and documents that can be shared with others within your group. Most departments and campus groups have their own folder that members can interact with. Ship employees can request permission to view or modify certain folders on the S: Drive by contacting the Faculty/Staff Help Desk at 717-477-HELP (x4357).
Each student and employee has their own T: Drive that provides secure and private storage for academic files. T: Drive files are only accessible by the owner, and cannot be shared or accessed by others. Students may store up to 15 GB on the T: Drive, and employees may store up to 30 GB.
For employees, Windows and Macintosh instructions are available to help you analyze your T: Drive space.
Access your files
On-campus workstation access
- Simply save any files you are working on into the T: Drive.
- If you are a student in a computer lab, your My Documents folder and T: Drive are the same. You can save files to either location and access them later.
- The T: Drive will retain your documents when you log off.
- Access to your T: Drive is available on any campus computer when you log on.
Important: To protect your documents, it is very important that you log off of the computer when you are finished. If you forget to log off, anyone who sits down at that computer will have full access to your documents at that workstation.
- To log off a Windows computer, click on the Log off or Sign out option on the Start Menu.
- To log off a Mac, click on the Log off option in the Apple Menu (top right corner).
Web browser access (from off-campus or residence halls)
Use Anchor to access your files from off campus or a residence hall. Anchor works on any Internet-connected PC, Mac or mobile device.