Skip to main content
Jump to Footer

Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory Unavailable

The request form for the Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory option is not available at this time.

A request to change an undergraduate course to the Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory option may be made only during the first 2 weeks of the fall/spring semester and only during the first 4 days of the winter/summer semester. After the deadline, no changes will be made.

Please check back on the first day of the semester/term for which you would like to select the Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory option.  An online fillable form will be available at this webpage.


Criteria required to select the Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory option:

Under the satisfactory/unsatisfactory option grades received from courses will not be used in determining the cumulative grade point average. If you receive grades of “C” or better, an “S” will be recorded on your transcript and credits will be counted toward graduation. However, grades of “D” or “F” will result in a “U” and no credit will be given.

The following policies apply to the satisfactory/unsatisfactory option:

  • Only full-time undergraduate students who have completed one academic year (30 credits) with a QPA of 2.5 or better are eligible.
  • You may only elect 3 credits (or one four credit course) per semester using the satisfactory/unsatisfactory option, for a maximum of 10 credits during your time at Shippensburg University.
  • Courses required by your major/minor may not be taken under this option.
  • The five required courses in general education may not be taken under the satisfactory/unsatisfactory option.
  • You may not schedule more than 1 course using this option in a given department or in a required sequence of course offerings within a major.
Contact the Office of the Registrar Old Main 110 1871 Old Main Drive, Shippensburg, PA 17257 Phone: 717-477-1381 Fax: 717-477-4017